These have been my very favorite cookies since childhood. One of my mother's church friends (Hazel H) used to bake these for us when she would babysit. Yes, they are high in calories but they are so worth it once in awhile. And because they are rich, you CAN stop at just 2 at a time :)
BANANA NUGGET COOKIES
1 1/2 c. flour
(i use white wheat flour)
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp cinnamon
- Stir the above ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Then add the following ingredients:
1 c. very ripe bananas
1 3/4 c. oats
1 (12 oz) pkg of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Stir together until well mixed.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. (I use Pam Baking spray)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for a minute and transfer to waxed paper. Let cool completely and then place in an airtight container.
You have the blog author's permission to copy this recipe!