I can't believe it's Friday already!
This week was hectic. But it was a good one......many good moments and blessings in this past week so it's time to thank God for them by linking up with other grateful bloggers over at Susanne's site.
Join in and find FIVE FAVES from your week!
|downtown Lee, MA|
- BEAUTIFUL BERKSHIRES! Last Saturday, a long-time friend from childhood and my hometown, was our house-guest. She and I decided to drive an hour east of where I live to do some early Xmas shopping at these shoppes. Oh how beautiful the scenery was on the highway out and the back roads back to NY. We stopped for ice cream at this place which always has yummy flavors to try. Shopping, beautiful mountains, and ice cream are always on my fave list!
|image taken from amazon.com|
- MOVIE NIGHT! Saturday evening, we decided to watch a Netflix movie that my husband had seen the previous week and thoroughly enjoyed. He said Diane and our daughter Claire and I would love it. And we did! It was so nice to have a house-guest who didn't mind that we weren't going out in the evening (I was in the midst of a head cold and Claire had done homework all day and wanted to just relax). I made coffee for the adults and Claire had ice cream; we lit some candles and changed into loungewear. We all sat together and enjoyed this romantic drama/science fiction. I'm not sure how Dave and I missed this when it came out in 1992, other than the fact that we were very busy newlyweds in the midst of our careers! Watching a really good movie with a little romance and drama and sitting with friends/family is always a fave with me!
- SUNDAY WORSHIP! I loved every aspect of our Sunday morning worship service. I loved the sermon, the songs, the hymns, the chat with my pastor's wife after the service.....and the fact that my long time childhood friend was with me to see our church and experience the worship there. This hymn inspired this post. Definitely a fave hymn for me!
|image taken from realmomkitchen.com|
- GRILLING! Last evening was so nice! We had sunshine all day and temps in the mid-60's. When I got home from the chiro appointment, I decided to grill the pork chops. I made a fresh broccoli salad with fresh, local tomatoes and broccoli (the last of them at the Farmers Market) and some shredded carrots. I also made some steamed peas and Italian herbed noodles with parmesan cheese......YUMMY! It was so nice to all sit together for the first time since Sunday and eat dinner at our normal 6 pm time. This doesn't happen during the beginning of the week. Grilling as long as I can before the white stuff comes floating down is always a fave!
|image taken from alice.com|
- EVENING COFFEE! Last evening, while writing up this post, I made a cup of this blueberry coffee. I hadn't had it in awhile and since it was before 7:30, I didn't mind that it wasn't decaf. This coffee is a favorite flavor but I do prefer the Green Mountain brand. But, since this was what was in the freezer, I made a cup in my Keurig and enjoyed every sip......the coffee has a nice blueberry flavor and goes great with a little chocolate truffle! Coffee and chocolate.....a pair of faves!
I hope you enjoyed this peek into the blessings from the past week.
Please feel free to share one of yours!
I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and sweet Sabbath.