It's Friday....several of us link up at Susanne's and write about FIVE of our FAVORITE blessings that God brought into our lives this past week. Please join in!
It is good to give thanks unto the Lord!
And sometimes it is just the simplest things that we often overlook.........
this week, I had several little things...simple things....that just blessed me......
- SUNSHINE AND OUTDOOR BREAKFAST in my husband's hometown and then a DAY AT THE BEACH HOUSE ON BUZZARDS BAY WITH EXTENDED T------FAMILY MEMBERS...some we hadn't seen in over 5 years!
|left side, front to back: Kathy (Pete's wife), Me, Dave|
right side, front to back: Claire, Courtney, Pete (Dave's bro)
Pete and Kathy just built this log cabin home in MA
|Our 13 year old with her Great-Uncle Ron from Maine at the house on Buzzards Bay|
- APPLE CINNAMON SPICE TEA.....for a sore throat and head cold......one of the only hot teas I thoroughly enjoy.
|image taken from onecupconnection.com|
- NEW AVON "BEAUTIFUL" FOOT CREAM A wonderful scent to this foot cream with jojoba oil beads that really make my feet feel pampered. I massage it in just before slipping into the sheets at night.....Ah.....it's now my favorite foot cream!
|image taken from onegoodguide.com|
- AUTUMN COLORS! It's not quite "peak" season here yet in my part of New York State. In fact, our cherry and maple trees are still green and are just starting to turn yellow. Most of the trees in town are still green although many are red, gold, orange....so pretty! This picture is one I took on my cell phone of a road that leads to the bike path where I sometimes walk or ride after work. This week this just made me so thankful for the Creator and all He has given to us to enjoy. and yes...I'm a Naturalist!
|about 2 miles north of my neighborhood|
- NEW LOGO! My 19 year old daughter,Courtney, a 2nd year Graphic Design student in college, created a new logo for my blog.....you can see it on the top of the page! This was her first project for this new semester.....I LOVE it. Someday, hopefully and prayerfully, she'll be getting paid to do art like this!
|created/designed by Courtney|
Those are my 5 faves from the past week.
However, I do have something else to share. Last evening, when I was answering a message on Facebook, I came across this poem that my Aunt Ruth had posted. There was no credit given as to who wrote it so......let's say "author unknown".....I thought it was excellent and just had to share it here on the blog.
and these are my thoughts, too although I could probably never put it so nicely in poetic form as whomever wrote this did. I'm a Born again Believer......a Christian. Nothing special just a sinner saved by grace. We all need His strength to carry us through and walk this journey and not one of us is perfect....nor do we have the perfect life but we can find joy, peace and fullness in Him.............amen??
Have a great weekend!