It's Friday in mid-December!
A hectic but good week and time to reflect back to find five faves....treasures or blessings from God and share those things with others who enjoy this writing exercise. Join in with us by going to Susanne's site to read the guidelines and link up!!
|image taken from pillsburycooking|
- CHRISTMAS COOKIES! Last Friday evening, I made the first batch of Christmas cookies for this season. Ours weren't frosted but Claire did put the peppermint bits into the warm chocolate. We gave them to my dad as we visited him in Central New York the next day. He liked them!
|Claire after the Select Chorus Concert|
11 December 2012
- SELECT CHORUS CONCERT! Claire auditioned for this select group of singers at the junior high and won a spot again this year! Their Christmas concert was Tuesday evening and we really enjoyed it. Yesterday they sang at one of the Albany malls and her violin group also played some Christmas selections at the mall. We are very proud of her for taking so many music classes and doing the extra-curricular groups after school. It's so much fun to listen to this group sing!
|image taken from kosher granola website|
- PERSONAL DAY! I took a Personal Day off from work on Wednesday and totally enjoyed savoring a couple of mugs of coffee with my devotional and a good book in a leisurely manner before heading out to complete my Christmas shopping. I accomplished a lot in those 6 hours before needing to pick up Claire from school. There is nothing like staying home from work without being sick or tending to a sick child.....staying home just to relax and recharge. I am so thankful I'm allowed a personal day each school year!
|image taken from familychristian.com|
- MAX LUCADO BOOK! This book was at our towne library so I grabbed it and began reading it a couple nights ago. IT IS SO GOOD!!! Max is one of my favorite Christian authors and we have several of this books but this is definitely one of my faves. I just may have to purchase this one! Every Christian should read this book on Grace. We all need to embrace the concept of grace more and more. It's not something we get....as the book says.....IT gets US!
|near the historic cemetary in my neighborhood|
13 December 2012
- POWER WALKING! I was able to power-walk after work yesterday, for about 25 minutes before my back started aching a little bit. I got on the fitness ball before and after the walk and after about 35 minutes the ache went away. The reason power- walking makes my fave list this week is because the weather has been so nice. My spiritual temperament is naturalist (see Sacred Pathways by Gary Thomas if you don't know what a spiritual temperament is) and I was yearning for some time out in nature! Temps in the high 30's and lower 40's (Monday was rainy and 54 degrees!!). The sun was shining, the air was brisk like it might snow (we still have no white stuff here in my part of New York) and the woods and fields around my neighborhood were lovely in the deepening dusk. This view is from the western edge of my neighborhood, down the road and around the corner. After I walked through the development, I crossed the main road to the newer development going in and saw cows being led back to their barn, horses galloping across the paddock, and I smelled the scents of wood-smoke, dried up leaves and grasses and that late autumn scent that hovers in the brisk December air. It's hard to believe winter begins next Friday!! I love walking outside and hope I can do more work-outs over this weekend.
that wraps it up for me.
What are some things that make your fave list??
Please share one in the comment section!
Also, I'm giving away a small sample of my famous Christmas fudge.
The winner will be randomly chosen by my 13 yr old (who turns 14 in one week!) by a numbering system. All you need to do is add a comment stating at least ONE fave from your week and why it is a fave! If you are chosen, I will need your home address which you can email me.
Have a happy weekend with all that the Christmas season offers!
OOPS! How could I forget?? um....here's how: because I just turned 53! GULP that means I am officially middle-aged! LOL.....so I can't leave off the wonderful birthday afternoon my husband and daughters gave me. After church, we enjoyed lunch at one of my fave restaurants and then Dave gave me a wonderfully scented candle (another fave scent!) and Claire gave me a beautiful butterfly sun-catcher (will have a pic up later in the week). I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon doing one of my favorite past-times: reading! for more than 10 minutes!! It was such a nice afternoon AND Dave surprised me by wrapping some Christmas gifts and organizing our office area in the basement. Definitely a fave for me!!