Weather wise there was a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Snow, ice, sunshine, bitter cold, rain, wind, gusty wind, downed trees and wires, mud, temps in the 50s and then back to cold and grey. I'm ready for winter to be over and we still have a month and a half!!
Along with the "little bit of this and that" in the weather, my faves are similar. None of them really relate at all to each other but I found them to be real blessings in my life this past week.
You can join in with those of us finding Five of our Favorite blessings from the last week that God brought into our lives.....and link up with Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.
- LEMI- SHINE! I finally figured out why our dishes, particularly glassware and stemware were coming out so filmy. At first I thought it was because there are no more phosphates in the dishwasher detergents. I tried 5 different kinds in the last 2 years. Nothing was working. And then I discovered this granular powder. It is for hard water which produces a film on glassware! I simply followed the directions on the container: pour lemi shine into the main receptacle in the dishwasher and my regular dishwasher liquid in the prewash section. I LOVE this product. It's been a real blessing...I "happened" to discover it on a bottom shelf in the store. So, if you have a town with hard water like I do, I highly recommend this!!
- VALENTINE CARE PACKAGE! I had so much fun putting together Courtney's care package to send to her dorm. I tucked in some treats for quick lunches. I added her favorite tea, a fun pair of sox, and a few candy treats. I think she's going to love the tumbler filled with Hershey kisses! Sending it is a blessing to me because it helps me stay connected with her. My husband is satisfied with text-ing but there's just something about shopping for those little fun things that I know she will love.......
- VIOLIN PRACTICE! I especially have enjoyed Claire's violin practice this week. I like hearing her play now that she is going beyond the beginner level and this year she now sits in 3rd seat in the 8th grade Orchestra!! It's a blessing to have daughters who enjoy classical music as much as I do!
- HEART DECOR! I had a free evening on Wednesday. I did some light housework after dinner and decided to remove the hanging snowmen from the front door and put up the Valentine heart. It feels so good to move from January into February........I'm counting the days until Winter Recess when Claire and I have a whole week off from the schools.....just 18 more days!! It's a real blessing to have a week off in the dreary month of February. I plan on getting a lot done around the house!
- FLOORING FINALLY!! The bamboo flooring we are having put in our family room has finally been delivered! This project was supposed to happen a few weeks ago but like with any contractor, the original date didn't happen. But starting Monday, the new deck door and frame will go in and the next day the sub-floor will go in (we need a layer of insulation type padding) and then the bamboo!!! I'm so excited as the carpet in there is now 18 yrs old. It's held up well but we just weren't thinking, back when we built the house, of little feet (and some big ones!) tracking in from the backyard/deck through the room! So over time it has been stained, treated, steam cleaned, shampooed, etc. We would have replaced it a few years ago but we didn't have the extra money for this type of project. I'm glad we waited because now bamboo is an option! Bamboo is a renewable resource that grows very fast so is an excellent choice for those of us who want to "go green" and help the environment. The blessing for me is that I will no longer have to spend money on carpet stain removers and steam cleaning companies!!
Do you have some favorite things from this week??
Please share in the comment section or leave your link up at Susanne's and I'll be sure to check out your post!