And what an improvement in the weather here in eastern New York State!!
The high humidity broke this week, the sun has been fully shining and the fresh breezes have caused us to turn off the central air and open all the windows. My morning walking work-outs have been refreshing!
It's time to look back at how God refreshed you this week....the things or people He brought into your life.....and share them by linking up with Susanne.www.susannesspace.blogspot.com Find FIVE FAVES from your week or just share them in the comment section below. It is good to give thanks to the Lord! I have more than 5 but here are some that totally refreshed my body or spirit...........
|Body Creme and Bug Repellant|
- FARMERS MARKET FINDS! Last Saturday morning, my friend Carla and I went power-walking at our town park. After doing 3 miles, we stopped because I was winded (sooo humid last weekend!) and we browsed the Farmers' displays. There was a new one to me called RAD Soap Co. Click here to learn more. The company was started in the next town over from where I live! Read the woman's story...it is amazing. The Latte Body Cream is one with all natural ingredients including Monsoon Malabar Coffee extracts with Vanilla and other natural oils. Oh.my.goodness. I use it right after my shower and the scent is delish. It goes on thick and creamy and really moisturizes the sun-kissed skin without a greasy feeling. I am hooked! The Bug Spray is going on vacation with us tomorrow and all the reviews I've read about it are awesome. It has lemongrass, olive oil and garlic which really does keep the ticks and mosquitoes away! The scent is lemongrass and just lovely! Great Farmer's Market finds are a blessing and the price was reasonable for homemade, local and all-natural! For those of you who don't live in the Capital Region of NYS, you can get their products at Whole Foods and online at their website.(note: their online prices are more costly than their farmer market prices) Totally refreshing for my body!
|Tuesday Dinner on the Deck|
- DECK DINNER! Tuesday evening was beautiful. We ate late as my husband went to work-out at the gym right after work and I did my own power-walking workout while he was there. Our oldest daughter was home from work at 5 and our youngest has been away all week. So I decided to grill some steak tips and made French Onion Potatoes, Steamed fresh green beans, chopped broccoli and Watermelon with Blackberries for our late dinner on the deck. The air was breezy and we had a lovely time talking together. It was refreshing for body and soul, for sure. I'm so thankful for being able to enjoy my family, just sitting around the old deck table, on a summer eve!
|photo courtesy of Gems Along the Mohawk website|
- HERKIMER HAPPENINGS! Courtney (my oldest daughter) and I wanted to go visit my dad who lives in Mohawk, in the central part of NYS. That village is just over the river from Herkimer, where I grew up from infancy to age 20. When we got to Dad's, he wasn't home so we decided to do some shopping in Herkimer, my hometown, and then I showed her some of the places from my childhood. This place is new (pictured above) meaning it wasn't there when I was growing up in the Mohawk Valley. It has all kinds of treasures that have meaning, or are related to the history of New York State, particularly the "Leatherstocking region". I ended up buying 2 of my favorite salad dressings from this place because the price was excellent and I only get to the actual cider mill in the autumn. The "gems" store had an excellent display from Fly Creek. Courtney and I had fun together and she really liked my hometown park. We then had a lovely time at my dad's browsing through his many books and he gave her a whole container of knitting items from my mom because Courtney has learned how to knit. This meant alot to her I think. It is a blessing to see my dad doing so well without my mother and we also had the added blessing of seeing my sister Hope and her husband as they also popped in to Dad's while we were there. Going back to one's roots can be so good for the soul!
24 July 2013
- FLOWERS FIXED! This hanging plant you see in the photo had been hanging off our front stoop since the middle of June. Last week, it started dying! I think the hot and humid afternoon sun just got to it because even though I was carefully keeping it moist, it was just TOO much hot sun. I moved it to the back deck that only gets the cooler morning sun and didn't think it would make it. Well, yesterday morning I snapped the above photo and noticed it has REALLY done well. I should have taken a "before" pic! I'm not kidding when I say it was almost dead. The leaves were brown and raggedy and the purple flowers were not blooming. I carefully added a little flower nourishment I found at the local garden shop and just kept it back here all week. All fixed! What a blessing it is to see God's creation while drinking my morning coffee.
|photo courtesy of our daily blossom website|
- SOOTHING SCRIPTURES! I love when God speaks through His Word and this past week, in my personal devotional time, the Scripture from Psalm 62: 1-2 jumped out at me. Summer, for me, is the best time for real rest. I wrote about it in this post. Feel free to leave a comment about how YOU find real rest and you will be entered in my free book giveaway (a devotional book) It is a blessing to have the Word of God available to us and for the unconditional love He shows us.
Those are my faves from the week.
I won't be posting much on here in the next week.....we will be going on vacation to one of my very favorite parts of the Adirondacks: the middle of the Adirondack Park! I hope you all enjoy the rest of the month and the beginning of August. If we get a rainy day and a good internet connection, I will try to be back for next week's FFF!