Well, it's a new (school) year!
Today my 2nd, and last, child is a freshman in high school! (I admit, I'm a little teary-eyed at that!) And it's my first day back with the special students I'll be working with this year. It's going to be a great year!! I'm with another TA in a 1st grade integrated classroom. I have a group of children who are NOT on the autism spectrum for which I am truly thankful. I really needed a break from that population. My students have a mix of speech and language delays, processing disorders and emotional disturbance. Exactly what I used to deal with in my OWN classroom 20 years ago. I am very thankful for this new role.....and for the new team of educators I will be working with!
On that note, I'm writing to share 5 other faves from the week and linking up at Susanne's site to read how God blessed other blog writers. Please join in and share a fave from your week!
|Courtney (center in front of the 2 guys) and her freshmen crew|
photo courtesy of Courtney T
- GOOD REPORT! I was happy to hear from our oldest daughter, Courtney (a junior at Gordon College in MA), that she had an excellent time with the freshmen she was in charge of for Orientation. She said the experience was a huge blessing and she loves every single freshman on her team. We are very proud of her for this leadership role and I am so thankful to God for allowing her to get a Gordon education.
|Moreau Lake State Park|
my husband, sisters and cousins/aunt/uncle
|My sister Hope and I kayaking on Moreau Lake|
(I'm the one on the right)
photo courtesy of my youngest sister Jill
|Claire on the rock wall and her best friend Suzanna on the bridge|
- FAMILY BBQ ON THE BEACH! Last weekend we had a family bbq and beach day at this place. My cousin Trisha and I decided to rent out one of the pavillions for my mom's side of the family. Sadly, not many of mom's relatives came but those that did had such a great time! I got to fellowship with my aunt (mom's younger sister) and my mom's cousin and his wife and meet my cousin's husband and children. We all had so much fun and I talked my sister Hope into kayaking with me! It was a nice day even though it was a bit overcast. Even the teen girls had fun (I allowed Claire to bring a school friend as she would have been the only teen girl there!). We swam, ate great food, and just enjoyed a nice day at the lake. I am thankful to know some more of my mom's relatives and I think maybe she smiled down from heaven at all of us.
|photo courtesy of wikipedia|
- GIRLS NITE! Claire and I had a girls night on Tuesday evening. She had to get up early on Wednesday for freshman orientation and I had to be in staff meetings by 8 a.m. so we thought ending our summer break with Netflix would be fun. We saw this flick and it was very good! I had never seen it before. We had so much fun curling up on the couch, eating popcorn and dark chocolate. It was a special evening just for the two of us and I'm so thankful we had this time before the hectic autumn schedule arrives.
- CHIROPRACTIC VISIT! Yesterday was a Jewish holiday for our district which worked out well because I could squeeze in a visit with my chiropractor. And wow.....lower back pain (I had all last week after tweaking it carrying a grocery bag) went away!! I did schedule 2 more visits for next week as my left side needs a little more adjustment but wow.....that 10 minutes with his gentle hands is something I am very thankful for!
|photo courtesy of Linda C|
- FIRST GRADE! I saw this photo on FB yesterday and I was thrilled. I actually had tears in my eyes because these twins, Aaron and Adrianna, are miracle babies. Their grandmother, Linda, and I are good friends. She said I could post the photo and tell their story. We go way back from when my husband and I first had Courtney, 20 years ago. All 3 of her daughters babysat for me at some point before Courtney was 4. I love all of her daughters and have prayed often for them. They are all moms now and their children are just beautiful. Anyways, these twins were born in January of 2007. They were not supposed to be born until MAY! Their mom (Nichole) had a due date of May 7. These babies were born at 23 weeks gestation!!! They were only 1 lb 6 oz and 1 lb 7 oz. They are truly miracles from God. A lot of prayer went up regarding these twins.......and for their mom and grandmother and other family members! Linda and I are in different churches now and I don't get to see the family all that much but they are still very dear to Dave and I. I don't know the twins as I haven't seen them since they were babies. They faced many physical challenges and didn't even get to come home from the hospital until May 6 and May 13th. I am so thankful that God has used the family to share about God's miraculous healing power and I am very thankful that these two adorable children are starting first grade!! God is good!!
|photo courtesy of tower website|
- A BOOK!!! This book was written by a woman whom I've admired ever since I first became a blogger...it has been a few years...not sure exactly when I stumbled upon her blog but I love visiting her blog and have gotten to know her in the sense that one can know another blogger. In fact, she participates in the FFF! I always get so much out of her devotional type posts and a good friend of mine even bought her other book about raising boys. This book, Pearl, came to my door yesterday. FINALLY!!!! It is lying in my book basket waiting for me to finish my library book. I am so excited to read this book because another friend of mine from church adopted a little girl from China 14 years ago and that little girl is good friends with MY 14 year old. If you have never visited Laura's blog, I highly encourage you to do so. She is very talented. I hope I can meet her one day!! I am very thankful there are good Christian writers for us book lovers to enjoy.
And live fully..........in Him.............
savoring these last couple weeks of summer.......