and I'm so happy that we only have 3 days of the year left!! The elementary students I work with have 3 half days next week (Wednesday is our last day!!) and my teenager is done as of 3 pm today when the Geometry Regents exam is complete. WHOO HOO!! AND....tomorrow is the first day of summer!!! That alone is a fave!
Please join me in sharing 5 of our faves from the past week....blessings...whether grand or seemingly insignificant are important to look for......it is good to find the blessings from God in our every day lives.
You can join in by heading over to Susanne's blog to get the info.
- ANSWER TO PRAYER: Last week I was dealing with an infection common in women going through, or just past, menopause. I do fall into this category and was getting discouraged that I had to be on yet another antibiotic. I had a visit with my new gynecologist as my regular one was delivering a baby and I learned that I won't have to deal with this issue any longer!! I start the new method of dealing with it in July. I am so happy for this answer to prayer as my small group prayed specifically that I would be healed or that the doctor would be knowledgeable to more holistic approaches. THANK YOU, GOD!!
my youngest sister Jill, with her 2 daughters (Emma, age 10 and Mady, age 6)
Me and my 2 daughters
(Claire, age 15 on the left of Dad/Grandpa M, and Courtney,age 20 next to me)
Dave, Courtney, Grandpa M, Claire
- FATHER'S DAY FUN! On Sunday after the early service, we drove out to central NY to visit my dad, a widow now for 18 months, and take him out to dinner at this amazing restaurant. My youngest sister and her husband and their 2 little girls met us there. We had such a great time treating my dad to a steak dinner! We also spent some time taking photos of the girls with their grandpa. It was a very special day. I thank God for the blessing of being raised by a godly Christian man who is a wonderful grandfather, and I praise Him for giving me a Believing husband who is hard-working, fun, smart, kind, and generous. Thank you God for these men!
|first fire of the season|
- S'MORES! After the day with my dad, we headed home and Courtney requested a fire in the backyard fire pit. And of course, that means we HAD to have s'mores. First of the season. I usually only eat them once a summer so that night I totally "pigged out" and had two. And now I'm done. But boy....they were great!! We didn't think we'd be hungry after the huge mid-afternoon dinner we had at the restaurant, but by the time we got back to the Albany area, we were ready for a snack. It was so much fun sitting by the fire and chatting. It was a perfect ending to a great day. I thank God for these little things we do as a familly and I'm looking forward to what summer evenings are going to bring to us.
|photo courtesy of all over albany website|
- BIKING! On Tuesday, it was very hot (92 f) and humid. The girls had the central air on when I got home from work and I decided that after dinner I would bike. Well, my friend Carla came and picked me up and we took our bikes to the north part of the Colonie Bike Path, very near my house. It was not bad riding the bike but once I stopped I was very hot and thirsty. But what a great ride we had....I'm guessing we only did about 8 miles total but the exercise felt great! I do enjoy biking and I usually do it alone so it was a blessing to have a friend along! I'm looking forward to summer vacation (less than a week!) so I can ride every morning...I do prefer the early morning for biking. It's a blessing to have friends with similar interests!
- MORNING SCRIPTURE: For some reason, on Tuesday morning before work, I read this Scripture and it really resonated with me. In fact, I wrote a reflective piece centered around my thoughts while meditating on this Scripture. You can find it here. I'm so thankful for the blessing of God's Word and the truths that are revealed.
That wraps it up for me. We have a busy weekend with a graduation party, some housework, organizing, church, maybe a quick biking trip, and a dinner cruise on the Hudson River! Claire is officially done with 9th grade and I'm down to 2 1/2 days of work in the classroom left!! WHOO HOO!!
HAPPY WEEKEND and be blessed..........