There's only about a month and a half of summer left!!
July has gone by so fast.....but it's been packed of many memories and special blessings. Here are a few from my week that I'm sharing by linking up at Susanne's site.
| Beach & San'd bar at Moreau Lake|
24 July 2015
- LAKE DAY! Last Friday, Claire and one of her friends and I all headed to one of our favorite lakes just about 35 minutes north of us. We were there only 2 hours as it started to rain but the view I had from my beach chair was peaceful (see above) and the ice cream on the way home was yummy. It was a fun day. It's a blessing to live so close to several good lakes.
|my husband and my dad|
|from l-r: my Aunt Ruth, Uncle Bruce,|
my sister Hope and her husband Donny
my sister Joy
|my youngest sister Jill and her youngest daughter Mady|
|Jill's oldest daughter Emma and Jill's husband Mike|
- FAMILY TIME: I have 3 younger sisters and one of them (Hope) lives in the woods with her husband Donny. My dad now lives there, too. They live out in Central NY. Dave and I attended Hope's annual family picnic last Saturday. Everyone was there in our immediate family except my 2 daughters and my sister Joy's son. It was a nice day, partly sunny, not too humid (yet!), and lots of good food and conversation. My favorite was my sister's broccoli salad....yummy! Our aunt and uncle were there as well. It is always good to see family!
- NEW RECIPES: This past weekend, in talking with my brother-in-law who is a total vegan now, I decided to see if I could go at least 3 days in a row with no meat. And I did! It's easy!! And I didn't miss eating meat with dinner at all!! I had given up beef last summer and switched to bison due to the fact that bison are grass-fed only and are local AND are less in fat than poultry and cows. So Monday-Wednesday I only made vegetarian meals for dinner. My fave was the Rice Bowls I made. YUMMY.....and they were a hit with everyone else in the family, too. I've decided that I am only going to buy bison once every couple of months and only eat chicken once a week and fish twice a week. I do still eat hard boiled eggs about once a week and on hiking days. It's fun to look for more nutritious choices.
|photo courtesy of yelp|
- BRUNCH: My friend Monica and I decided to meet for an early brunch on Tuesday at the above tea shop in town. I had a gift certificate from a student to use which made it extra special. We both enjoyed the spinach and cheddar frittata, a sweet scone, and some fresh, local berries. I had the apple spice iced tea, too. Delish! It's important to me to get together with my friends over the summer as once I am back to work in September, the school year is much too busy for weekday get- togethers. I treasure my friendships, and especially so when we are united in Christ.
- LUNCH: You are going to think all I did all week was eat! But Thursday morning was so awfully hot and humid.....the humidity level in our town was at 77%! So I decided to head to a favorite lake about 40 minutes east of us. A friend of mine who lives out that way said she'd be home so I could pop in to say hi. Well, she invited me for lunch! So after some quick chores around the house and an even quicker step aerobics routine in the basement, I headed out the door and up the mountain to her home. What a lovely salad we shared and the sweet fellowship of catching up with what God is doing in our lives. By the time I left her place, it was starting to rain so I never did make it to the lake for my alone time. But the visit was so worth the drive! I am blessed to have been this woman's friend, and she mine, for the last 27 years.
Those are the highlights of my week......it's been hazy, hot and very humid here with spots of rain here and there. I'm very thankful for our central air! But I do miss having the windows open to let in the fresh air!
I'm praying it is cooler tomorrow as we head up to the north with our kayaks for the first time all summer! It's going to be a family day and I am very happy about it. Just the 4 of us. Sand, sun, swimming, the kayaks, food, mini-golf and hopefully some good ice cream!
Whatever you have planned for the weekend, embrace each moment!
Blessings to you,