My official last day is Tuesday, after Labor Day. Claire's last day of freedom is Wednesday. It's probably good that we are getting back into a routine....but oh how I will miss these lazy days of summer!
Join in with me and other writers as we share our FIVE FAVES from the week, hosted by Susanne.
- SHOPPING! One of my very best friends and sisters in Christ (Lynn) and I went outlet shopping in Lake George last Saturday while Dave and Claire were at this fun place. It had been awhile since Lynn and I were able to connect and what an enjoyable afternoon we had! We did some shopping, ate yummy salads for lunch, more shopping. I found some good deals on "back to work" clothes for my self and even picked up a Christmas gift for Claire. I love these "moms days out". It was a blessing to have that time together!
|Caroga Lake State Campground|
- LAKE DAY! Tuesday was gearing up to be hot and humid in our town so Claire and I headed north-west to a favorite lake that we hadn't been to since the summer of 2005! We had also camped there, when the girls were very young, for Fourth of July weekend 2001. Ah....the memories! One of my sisters (Hope) and her husband joined us and we had so much fun swimming in this cold, but refreshing lake. And the best thing was that we swam with loons!! There were 2 loons on the lake very close to the swimming area, just outside the roped off section, swimming alongside us! It's the closest we have ever been to the loons...even closer than when we were kayaking further north on a different lake. We stayed until the beach closed and decided to linger in the area. What a blessing to have this day together.....sun, sand, ice cream and a quick stop at Hope and Donny's house afterwards before heading back to the capital region. (they live about 10 min away from the lake). Claire and I had so much fun and are hoping to get up to this lake to kayak maybe later this fall.
|photo courtesy of starbucks website|
- COFFEE with FRIEND: I finally got together Wednesday evening with my very good friend and sister in Christ, Erin. We live in the same town! And we hadn't seen each other in almost a year! Just so busy! But we finally met at the local $tarbucks and had an hour to relax, catch up and sip our fave beverages. Mine was an iced skinny peppermint mocha.....yum. It's a blessing to have good friends...we've been friends for years...and we always have so much to chat about. We attend different churches and hardly ever get to see each other. It's a blessing when we do get together. What a great evening!
|Claire descends the stairs to the trail|
Cohoes Falls View Park
National Park Service Erie Canalway Heritage Corridor
- LOCAL FUN! Yesterday, Claire and I took a local trip to part of the National Park Erie Canal-way Heritage area......about a 7 minute drive from our house!! We had never seen the Cohoes Falls up close and I decided, since it was a partly sunny day and cool, that we would do something local. We first went out to lunch at the place Claire chose and had this:
|photo courtesy of Claire|
Then we took a trip to the town library where we each found 2 books to enjoy in the next few weeks and finally we went to the falls. It was so much fun and we got some great shots!! I hadn't realized that the park was 4 acres with beautiful walkways and a beautiful sitting area. After spending about a half hour there, we went home and relaxed in the backyard on chaises with our books. A great day and a blessing to spend it with my 15 year old.
|Cohoes Falls View Park|
Capital Region, NY
|Near the beginning of the walkway|
Claire, age 15
- BLOOMS! This plant, pictured below, was one that was dying about 2 weeks ago. It had been sitting on our deck steps since late June and was blooming nicely until about the end of July. So a couple of weeks ago I moved it to our front stoop which gets all the afternoon sun and even though it gets very hot out there after 1 pm, the plant all of a sudden started thriving and yesterday was the first morning in a long time that I actually saw color!! What a blessing! a small thing but a creation of God.
And thus ends another week..........
............and Happy Labor Day weekend to those of you who live here in the States....enjoy this last official summer vacation long weekend....and many blessings and much luck to those of you in the Northeast who have children starting school again in less than a week!!