This week flew by!
School has now been in session for 2 full weeks yet it seems (at times) like 2 full months. Life is busy again............
Let's take a moment out of the week to reflect back on the various things/events that God brought to us, and find FIVE of the FAVES........those of us who do this, link up over at Susanne's site. Feel free to join in!
|Murphy Lake from the lean-to|
Wilcox Lake Wild Forest, Southern Adirondacks
26 Sept 2015
- HIKING! Of course the weekend wouldn't be complete without a hike! Last Saturday I led a group of beginner hikers (friends from church) along one of my favorite trails. It is a 3.8 miles trail past 3 beautiful deep woods lakes. The photos are of the last lake on the trail where we sat and ate lunch before heading back down the trail to the cars. The colors are JUST beginning to show up in the southern Adirondacks so in another week, a bunch of us are heading further north where hopefully, the colors will be more vibrant. Because it has been such a warm, mild autumn so far, we don't have the blaze of colors yet. What a fun day it was though with friends! I'm thankful for this group of friends.
|photo courtesy of sweet tooth sweet life website|
- DINNER OUT! Because my husband had to work at the Saturday evening church service, he wasn't able to hike that day, so he joined me and another couple who had hiked, for dinner out after the church service. Our friends Scot and Diane told us about this bistro/pub located in the city of Troy across the river from us so we decided to meet them there. Excellent food and fellowship! And inexpensive!! Certain cocktails were only $4.00 that evening! I'm thankful for these friends and this time we had. It made for a perfect ending to a great day.
|image courtesy of triplethescraps website|
- FAVE HYMN: at the end of the worship service in church on Sunday, we sang this traditional hymn.....it has always been a favorite of mine. How amazing it is to hear about 1200 congregants with uplifted voices singing praises to our God. It brought tears to my eyes to know just how great our God really is. I'm so thankful for these timeless hymns. There is nothing like them!
- COCKTAILS BY THE FIRE! My neighbor and I finally got together for a bonfire and cocktail. My family had no plans for Friday evening as my husband was tired, my oldest was out with friends, and my youngest had an audition the next day so wanted to be in bed early. Melissa invited me over and we had the perfect night for it. I made a rum and coke while she had some red wine. The fire felt so good as there was an early autumn nip in the air. We chatted about so much and we really needed that time....I'm so thankful for our friendship and that we are next door neighbors!
|the end result!|
- APPLE PIE! Courtney and I decided, after church on Sunday, to bake an apple pie together. What fun it was and oh how yummy!! I'm not a huge pie fan but at least once a year, I do like to eat a piece of apple pie. We used some of the apples from the apple orchard we visited. I'm thankful for my daughter's help and love having her at home (and yes, she is still looking for a design job!!)
DANCE AUDITION! Claire and two other friends from pointe class went to an audition with this place near us and......they all made the dance company!! We are so excited for them!! They will be performing the Russian dance from Nutcracker in December at 3 different performances. What a great opportunity this is for them.....to study under former NYCBallet instructors at the beautiful studios in Saratoga. They have rehearsals every Saturday though from now until mid-December so she will be very busy.
That wraps up my week.....those are just some highlights of course! I'm also thankful for my husband's help with Claire's physics homework and project, for my oldest daughter and some of the housework she is helping with, for my small group and the power of prayer.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!