I'm linking up with other bloggers over at Susanne's to participate in the Friday Fave Five where we share 5 of our favorite moments/events/items from the last week. I like to call them blessings from God because EVERYTHING He brings to us, big or little, significant or simple, are blessings if we only look.
I've been on Christmas vacation from the school all week and our oldest daughter is home on her college break until January 13th. It has been a week of special faves for sure!
FIVE FAVES OF CHRISTMAS VACATION
- CLAIRE's CELEBRATION! Our youngest daughter turned 14 last Friday and she didn't want to go out to dinner! She wanted my homemade chicken potpie and a family trip to see The Hobbit which had just come out the previous week. We rarely go out to the movies as we have Netflix or borrow dvds from the towne library. We don't like that we have to spend between $10.50-$12 on a MOVIE when we can wait to see it for free or the monthly netflix charge. But it's what she wanted, so off we went. I preferred the book but the movie was enjoyed by Claire and that was the important thing. I do have to say that the young man playing Bilbo Baggins is an excellent actor! (my oldest daughter says he plays Watson in the BBC Sherlock drama series. She is into that show). It was a fun evening out!
- DINNER OUT! We took my in-laws out to dinner to one of our fave restaurants on Saturday evening as they showed up here from MA rather unexpectedly! It was our Christmas gift to them. I really enjoyed the drink I ordered. It was a pomegranate margarita and I never usually like margaritas but this looked good....and it was! The dinners we all ordered were tasty too! It ended up being a very enjoyable evening.
- CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICE! This is one of my favorite things that our church does each year. It is our 8th year at this church Grace Fellowship. We are blessed to have godly leaders who represent Christ well. I can't begin to explain how important that is to Dave and I and our daughters. The service was wonderful and chatting with dear friends for a bit was delightful. We love Christmas Eve and all the truths it holds. The music, carols, message, friends, and our pastor. Very special.
|created by Courtney E T 2012|
- CHRISTMAS! Christmas is one of my favorite holidays......along with Easter.....there's just something about Christmas, the Reason why we celebrate, the gift exchanges (my primary love language!) and time spent with family and friends. This drawing pictured above is an original watercolor by my oldest, a Graphic Design/Fine Arts major at Gordon College. She said she meant for this to be a Mother's Day gift but got so busy last semester she had to wait on it. I like the simplicity of the mother and daughter.....it's similar to drawings she would create when she was in elementary school and she KNOWS I miss those days. It was one of my favorite gifts! Now I just need to find a frame to fit it!!
|First Snow of the Winter|
27 December 2012
- COZY INSIDE! One of my favorite things all week has been the chance to sleep in a bit, stay inside and enjoy the tree and family time. I love having both girls home even though it means my kitchen is
messier....er...busier, than usual! Yesterday we received our first snowfall of the season. Today's morning paper says our town received a little over 7 inches. Some places, like up in the Adirondacks in the area where we like to hike, received almost a foot! This morning's temp (I'm writing this at 6:30 a.m.) is 26 degrees F. BRR......But the house is warm, the birds are starting to flock to the feeder, Dave is back at work, and I plan on getting some much needed organization done around the home. Claire and I return to the schools on Wednesday so I want to accomplish a lot with the few days that are left of 2012!
Enjoy the weekend, everyone!!