This week went by so fast!
I think it's because we had Monday off due to honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I had a busy week after Monday but I was able to find some blessings along the way. I'm linking up at Susanne's today to share FIVE of those blessings that make my FAVE list.
|photo courtesy of playbill store website|
- DATE NIGHT! The Jersey Boys show was at this area theater on Saturday evening and Dave had bought tickets over a month ago so we could have a date night. We went out to eat at this fine restaurant first (which was packed with show goers) and had an awesome meal! Dave had scallops and I chose the grilled haddock plus a rice veggie dish and steamed spinach. We each had a cocktail (mine was the winter sangria....YUM!). After dinner, we got to the show and enjoyed ourselves immensely. If you grew up liking the music of Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons, you would love this musical. (minus the overuse of the "f" word...that was NOT a fave!).
- POWER OF PRAYER: Tuesday evening I went with Dave to the couples small group we joined. And felt stressed. Stressed because I just can't...and don't really want...to be a part of 2 small groups. Granted, I don't LEAD this couples group, my friend Hope and her hubby Dave do. But....the study book requires reading and answering questions, and I already have to do that with the group I LEAD (my moms group) plus I bring in added material for our discussions and plan social events/couples' nights and service projects. Well, at the end of our discussion, we had a prayer time. And I prayed aloud some of the feelings I was experiencing. I felt a huge burden lift off my shoulders. The power of prayer and the power to say "enough" is very liberating. And that makes me thankful because my word for the year is liberty and in this area I do need to feel free...and be free....to serve well. So....I'm thinking I can't be a part of this group regularly and it's ok with everyone in the group! No one is going to mind if I don't make all the meetings. What.a.relief.
- GREAT WORK-OUT! I was able to work out 3 days this week and one day over the weekend but the day that gave me the best work-out was the evening that Dave and I went out to the gym. Wednesdays are days when Claire has a long ballet class so the plan was to drop her off and hit the gym for 40 minutes. She informed us that she just had way too much prep for a project due the next day plus a chemistry unit test so she decided to skip the ballet class. This tempted me to just stay inside my cozy home and read all evening. BUT...I wanted to encourage Dave to work out as he needs to for his heart rehab so I offered to go even though I could have worked out in the basement on the bike and with the Wii Fit program. I'm so glad I ventured out! I did almost 2 miles (25 minutes) on the treadmill doing interval work (incline, fast, slow, incline, fast, slow, etc) and then did some spinning on the recumbent bike for 18 minutes at an easy pace and then a more difficult one. I felt so good afterwards!! And my FitBit informed me that I had passed my goal mark for the day (stepping for at least 3 miles).....in fact I went OVER my goal...and that's always a fave!
|image courtesy of norpaco website|
- NEW LUNCH ITEM! Oh.my.goodness. I am now totally into this new cheese/cracker topping. I discovered this via a co-worker although hers was just fig and balsamic. The wild cherry gives it a wonderful tartness. For lunch I spread it on 2-3 slices of sharp cheddar or gouda cheese and spread some on flaxseed whole grain crackers. This plus 1/4 c. of roasted red pepper hummus, raw carrots, peppers, cukes, and broccoli complete my meal. (some days I have a non fat Greek yogurt with pumpkin flaxseed granola.) I'm not a huge lunch person and typically only bring a deli style sandwich to work once a week. I'm thankful to have discovered this new spread because it is low in sugar and packs a punch....perfect for a workday lunch!
- GOOD REPORTS! Our 16 yr old, the ballerina, came home the other day with the news that she received a 100% on the Oral Russian mid-term exam! (held last week). She also received a 98% on her violin performance exam! Today she had the Russian Listening Exam (but we won't know the grade for another couple of weeks) and next week she has the written exams in Russian, Latin, AP English, Honors Global, Honors Trig, Honors Chemistry. Friday is a day off for her and she has already said she is just going to relax all day while I'm at work. I'm thankful for these 2 good grades...her hard work has paid off!!
That wraps up the week of faves for me.
Is there something that makes YOUR fave list for the past week? please do share in the comment section. I do read each one :)