and Winter plods on........
but I'm looking every single moment for the blessings in these days..........and will share FIVE of these FAVES here. Please join in by linking up over at Susanne's or sharing one of your blessings in the comment section.
- NEW CUT! I've had short bobs, long bobs, stacked bobs, inverted bobs, asymetrical bobs. Shoulder length, chin length and just under the ear length. For the last 25 years!! Once in a great while I've tried a short pixie cut (UGH...TOO short for me). But I typically have worn my hair in some version of the classic French bob hair cut for the last 25 years. In college, my hair was down the middle of my back. Well last Friday I decided to try a new salon in town which happens to be owned by the daughter of a co-worker. I told her I wanted a change, with some of my thick, heavy hair (especially the bulk on the sides) taken off. But a feminine look that angles to the side. She was fantastic!! I had shown her 3 images and she, being a master stylist, knew just what to do. I finally have a new haircut I LOVE. And it only takes 3 minutes to blow dry (optional) and 2 minutes to put the styling cream through it. Tousle, and I'm ready to go!! I totally love it and the blessing is that the cost was only $34. Only $4 more than my regular girl who colors my hair!!
- SUNDAY WORSHIP: Our new Worship Arts Director at church is awesome. He chooses a nice mix of contemporary hymns/songs, as well as classic hymns. He opened the service with this one which happens to be from one of my fave groups. What fun it was to sing this as a corporate body with about 1500 other voices lifted in praise and worship. It's a blessing to have good music for church services!
- SMOOTH START: We went back to work/school on Monday and it was a nice smooth start to the week after having all last week off for Winter Recess. The students did well adjusting back into the routines and my own daughter has been great about still doing the salt water rinses and finishing the antibiotic for the wisdom teeth extraction. She has had no problems so far and this afternoon we have the follow-up appointment. I'm thanking God that it was a smooth week and that even my husband helped out a bit at home to make things smoother.
|image courtesy of Target|
- NEW FLAVOR! Oh.my.goodness. I discovered this flavor at $tarbucks one day and then saw it was available in K-cups at our local discount store! Whoo hoo! PLUS it was on sale! So I grabbed a box and it makes the perfect late- afternoon- cup -of- coffee- so- I- am- not- tempted -to have- cookies- o-r muffins kind of a snack. Seriously, I have cut way back on refined sugar and dessert type foods so this flavored coffee is perfect for me! I only need a small drop of skim milk in it and the cinnamon flavor is the best I've ever had in coffee. I've tried cinnamon in 2 other brands and I must say, this particular brand, in my opinion, is THE best. It's a blessing to have some time and a good cup of coffee in the afternoon to unwind.
- NEW WRITING PAPER! I love writing letters the old fashioned way. In fact, my husband's second cousin's wife and I write letters back and forth all the time. And I have a couple of other long distance friends and relatives I write to. I'm always looking for new stationary and one day last week I discovered the above writing paper! A friend of ours creates her own notecards and writing paper and it is beautiful! You can find her work here. Her prices are very reasonable too and they ship quickly! She and her husband were friends of Dave and I from our old church and we have watched her children grow up. In fact, one of her daughters and my youngest daughter write letters back and forth!! She is also the person who first introduced me to blogging! You can find her blog here. It's a blessing to have new things that are created by friends.
That wraps up my week.......
weekend plans include a trip to the town library, a coffee date, a "stay home" date with the husband, church, and a short hike...and of course the never ending housework that didn't get done during the work week.
Whatever you have planned, take time for some restful moments.