And only 3 more days of working in the Kindergarten. Bittersweet time as I will miss those special kiddos. Although I'll most likely go visit for one of the summer school days when I am in town :)
For today, though, I am taking some time with other blogging friends, and listing my FIVE FAVES from the past week. We look for the blessings in the week, whether big or small and share them. Please consider linking up with us over at Susanne's.
|ICE COLD RUM AND COKE!|
- MOM-DAUGHTER TIME! I loved it on Saturday evening when my oldest gal suggested we make a fire in the new pit and have cocktails together. It's so much fun having a child now be a young adult. I'm enjoying our time together and am looking forward to what God has in store for her as she begins to look for a Design job. Claire was out with her boyfriend and a bunch of other friends so it was just Courtney and I (Dave had something else going on). It was so relaxing to build the fire, have a drink, chat and read together. I really needed Saturday evening to be relaxing and it was, thanks to my daughter!
- BLUEBERRIES! I finally bought a really good batch of blueberries from a local market. Oh my. Heaven! I've put them on my oatmeal, cold cereal and mixed with some blackberries and watermelon for a fruit cup at dinner this past week. LOVE that there will be many more of these locally grown berries! It is a definite fave of summer!
- DANCE SHOW! Claire, our teen ballerina, had her annual Dance Show with the Dance Academy last Friday evening. She was in a lyrical ballet with her other classmate (just two of them in the class) which is the video you should see above this. The name of the number is "Will You Dance with Me" and my husband mistakenly cut off the first 20 seconds of the ballet. And she was also with her advanced ballet class doing 2 different ballets. One was "Clowns" all done on pointe which is a number from The Nutcracker Ballet, and they opened the 2nd Act with La Pariesienne which was a 28 minute ballet featuring all the advanced ballet students (3 on pointe) and 2 younger girls who danced in their regular ballet shoes. Claire did a fantastic job on pointe and had 2 pointe solos. We are very proud of her!! I will try to post the Clowns number sometime in the next week or so. NOTE: in the above video, Claire is the one on stage left (your right) and the one who does the split at the end.
- KITCHEN HELP: Claire had Tuesday off from school as she has the NYS Regents exams and local exams this week and next. She had no exams on Tuesday so helped me with some housework after getting home from a study group. The fave is that she actually volunteered to help me cook dinner!! I was so happy for the help as I needed to man the grill outdoors AND she even set the table without me asking her to do so. (this tends to be rare at my house). I was super thrilled and it IS a blessing to have older kids in the house for this stuff.
- DESSERT NIGHT! What a great time of fellowship and desserts we had last night as we wrapped up our Bible study book and meetings for the year. We will start up again in September with a whole new study. We will be getting away from parenting issues and focusing on a new study titled "Becoming the Woman Whose God is Enough". I am losing 2 members who have conflicts but we will still be in touch. They have been with me for the last 4 years and are very dear to my heart. One of the friends, Monica, gave me a beautiful wall hanging for my kitchen...it is Psalm 16:1 in the shape of a cross with the word "Faith" going across it at the top. I just love it!! Monica and I have been friends for many years so this gift was super special to me.
I hope you all can find some blessings in your week!
Enjoy the weekend!! I plan on doing a hike up a mountain in the northern part of the Adirondacks tomorrow!! Super excited!