Have you discovered the Yummly app yet for your iPad or smartphone?
I discovered it about a year ago and love it. So easy to use with thousands of recipes at your fingertips.
Here's one of my faves that I make for breakfast when we have guests or for a quick and light dinner. After the recipe I give you some meal ideas for winter and summer.
|image courtesy of tenbuckdinners website|
MICROWAVE VEGGIE FRITTATA
1 Tbl butter
1/2 c. chopped red onion
1/2 c. chopped green pepper
1/2 c. chopped red pepper
1/2 c. chopped fresh broccoli
1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Place the butter in a glass pie plate and cover.
- Microwave for about 25 seconds or until butter is melted. Take a spatula and smooth the butter over the entire pie plate bottom.
- Add the veggies and cook on high for 1 minute.
- Add the cheese to top of veggies then pour the eggs over the top.
- Sprinkle with a dash of ground black pepper if desired.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let stand for about 3 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
NOTE: this recipe serves 4 people. Just double the recipe for more and use 2 pie plates dividing up the ingredients.
SUMMER: In the summer months, I tend to make this for a quick, nutritious breakfast. I pair it with fresh grapefruit or fresh melon salad which includes: watermelon cut into chunks, Cantaloupe balled, honeydew melon cut into chunks, fresh raspberries and/or blueberries, and a drizzle of grapefruit or orange juice over the entire bowl. Stir and voila.....an easy, nutritious breakfast.
WINTER: During the school year, I tend to cook this on evenings when we have activities to rush to after dinner/work.
I make the recipe above plus include a tossed salad and garlic bread or honey biscuits.
PLEASE NOTE: for those of you who eat pork: you can also add in a half cup of chopped, cooked ham or a 1/4 c. of chopped cooked bacon.
As with all of the recipes under the "faithfixes" label, you do have permission to copy this post.