The season of Autumn is here!! It arrived on Wednesday and because it was also a Jewish holiday, the school district was closed so I didn't have to go to work. That was a bonus!
Let's take some time to look back on the week and find FIVE FAVE moments that filled us with thankfulness. Then head over to Susanne's site to link up!
|Claire, age 16|
- PASSED! Claire passed her NYS Road Test on Saturday afternoon! I was so excited because this means she can now drive her self to her ballet classes and youth group. In the photo above, this was her first time pulling out of the driveway by herself for her Tuesday evening classes. I'm so thankful! (she will only have a junior license though as she is only 16 so has to be home by 9 pm...thankfully, all of her classes get out at 8 pm!)
|Faith's youngest sister Jill|
- 40th CELEBRATION: My youngest sister Jill turned 40 last week and her husband gave her a birthday party and invited all of us plus my other 2 sisters and a bunch of friends and some of her in-laws. What a fun Saturday evening that was! She is holding up a mug I gave her that says "keep calm, it's your 40th birthday". I also got her a basket of "how to survive your 40s" gifts...all fun stuff. She seemed to love it! I'm thankful when the family can do these kinds of events.
|Claire (age 16), Courtney (age 22), me|
- APPLE PICKING! On Wednesday, we had no school due to a Jewish holiday so since my oldest still doesn't have a job, she thought we should all go apple picking. It was the perfect choice for the first day of autumn! What fun we had! We usually go to a particular orchard about 20 minutes from our home, just to the north of us, but we decided to go to one we hadn't been to in years......it's about 40 minutes southwest of us. What a great day it was for apple picking! This is where we went. We picked Empires and Galas. YUMMY! We also ate a late lunch in the cafe...they have great sandwiches...and....we bought a dozen apple cider donuts which had just come out of the oven to bring home to Dave. I'm thankful for the time I had with my girls.
|along my bike route in town|
- BIKING: Sunday afternoon, after church and some housework, I decided to go on a 5 mile bike ride. It was a glorious late summer day. The temps were in the high 60s/low70s which in my opinion are perfect for biking or hiking. No one else wanted to join me, so I went by myself and thoroughly loved it. There's something about riding around my suburban town that is so nice....even though I DO have to watch out for the many pot holes that still haven't been fixed from last winter. Sticking to just a bike path gets so boring! It's just a straight path. But the riding around town is so interesting. I saw several people out on bikes and running. I'm thankful for weekends to do the things I enjoy.
- BLOOMED AGAIN! Over the weekend, neither of these plants had flowers on them so I left them and decided to clean up the deck and front stoop on the day off. Well, when I went out there on Wednesday afternoon to do so, the blooms were back!! It was the strangest thing! but I am thankful to see these summer blooms lingering......I'm going to keep these going as long as I can and maybe once the pumpkins are added next week, they will still be in bloom.