Spring begins on Sunday and I'm really looking forward to all that the season will bring.
But for now, I'm pausing in my week and looking back to find FIVE FAVES to share, that I'm grateful for. I like to think of them as gifts from God.
You can join in by linking up over at Susanne's space.
|image courtesy of movieguide website|
- NIGHT OUT! My neighbor and I went out to the movies with her husband and a friend of theirs from their church. Dave had a missions event to attend so it was perfect timing for me since I had no plans last Friday evening. What a great movie! It kept very close to Scripture for the important parts and the story, from the perspective of an unbeliever was very well portrayed. The beginning was a bit violent but hey.....war is violent.....my favorite part about the movie was the portrayal of Jesus. I think it's the best portrayal of Jesus I have ever seen in a movie. So well done! (including the physical appearance). If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. A Christian movie that isn't sappy!! I'm grateful I got to see it and the tickets were at a reduced price!
- DATE NIGHT! Saturday night, Dave and I had an "at home" date night. We have these often in the winter months...and even sometimes in the warmer months. We both needed to just have a relaxing evening as Saturday was filled with chores/errands, spring cleaning was started. By dinner time, I was wiped so we rented this movie from Red Box and just sat together on the couch laughing our heads off. It was just so funny and very well done. I'm grateful for the relaxing weekend I had! It was much needed.
- BIRDS AND BLOOMS! This past week saw warmer temps during the day, bright sunshine, the start of green grass, robins, and crocuses! Sadly, it appears either a squirrel or rabbit got to some of my bulbs again this year....only this one yellow crocus is up. But it's such a bright spot of color amidst last summer's mulch. I'm thankful for spring!
|farmland and the Vermont mountains behind|
|horse friends at Cherry Hill Farm|
- AFTERNOON WALK: This past Wednesday was simply glorious. My youngest took my car to ballet class when I got home from work so I had the late afternoon to do a good power walk. I hit the pavement and did almost 2 miles around my housing development and then out to the main road next to Cherry Hill Farm which is across from our neighborhood. Some of their horses were out and it was great to walk over and see them. I love being able to do a "work-out" outdoors in nature. Spring is springing up all over and I'm grateful I live in a neighborhood that is kind of like the country more than suburbia.
- PRAYER TIME Wednesday evening Dave came home from a 3 day business trip and we really needed to connect and pray with each other. I"m so grateful we had a small chunk of time to sit together on the couch and pray for and with each other. We both need some prayer right now regarding a couple of physical issues and we covet your prayers. We both need to be healthy for next week's Passion Road which we are both a part of. I'm so grateful for the power of prayer.
That wraps up my week...there are always blessings to be found....
what were some of yours this past week?