Wow...only 1 more month of autumn and then my baby will be turning 18 and all of her college applications will be done and sent. Time is going by too fast!
Let's pause for this morning and take a moment to share FIVE of this past week's FAVES....the blessings that God brings and that we are thankful for. I'm joining other ladies by linking up Susanne's blog.
|photo taken by my husband Dave|
- OUTDOOR CHORES COMPLETED: Last Saturday was a nice day so we figured we should put away the deck/backyard furniture, as well as begin burning some of the brush we have piled up from a small tree we removed a month ago. We burned quite a bit before dinner and this photo is when most of it was dying down. It felt so good to get some leaves raked (we did 7 bags total and we still have the large maple to do once all the leaves have dropped). Our shed is now packed with the grill, some lawn furniture and odds and ends. Deck chairs are folded and stacked in the corner of the deck and the front stoop rocker is covered and on the back deck. I'm thankful we took the day to get these winter preparations done!
- SERMON SERIES: Our pastor is preaching on the following Scripture and I love it. He's taking apart each section and giving us a lot of "meat" to chew on each weekend. I'm so thankful for him and our church and the fact that we learn something new every.single.week. The passage we are studying is:
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." ~1 Thess.5: 16-18~
|Courtney at lunch in Brattleboro, VT|
|photo used by permission from Courtney|
- ROAD TRIP! Courtney had Tuesday off from work so she and I went to Vermont to hit up 2 of the artsy towns for a little Christmas shopping and lunch. We ate at this place and we both ordered the turkey/mozzarella/pesto panini. It was such a fun day. I'm thankful for the time I got to spend with my oldest girl.
- OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD! My youngest daughter still likes to fill the shoe-boxes for this ministry. She asked me if we could go together Sunday afternoon to shop for a girl ages 10-13. We had fun choosing things...I actually didn't need to do much except dig out my credit card because Claire knew exactly what she wanted to include. We have been doing this as a family since 1995. I love it. I'm thankful my oldest continues to do it with all of her young adult friends, too. I'm very thankful for the ministry of Samaritan's Purse and Operation Christmas Child. It's a blessing to be able to give.
- COMPLETED CLASS! For the last 8 Wednesday evenings, I've been in a class for women at my church. We studied the above book and it was so dynamic and has really changed the way I approach prayer. How wonderful this study was and how much deeper we could have gone if we had had more time each week to discuss the homework. I just loved this study, Last night was our last class. Because there were about 45-50 women who signed up, we were put into small groups of about 8-10 ladies each, and the small group I was in decided we'd have a Xmas party in December. We also watched War Room together and a couple of us went out for pie and coffee afterwards. It was the first time I saw the movie and I loved it!! I loved meeting new ladies, both young and my age, and I hope to join in on the winter study after the holidays. I'm thankful I took a year off of leading my own so I can take one at church.
That wraps up my week......
.......let's continue to be in an attitude of gratitude each and every day.
Have a blessed weekend!