"Even when the rainbow seems to pass right by me....I'm still finding Gold in the clouds....."

07 May 2009

NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER

Thanking God for the freedom of religion we experience in our country and for the power of prayer!
NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER!

"if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14


PLEASE keep my daughter Courtney and her friends from Grace Fellowship and LIFE club in prayer. They are going to the prayer events at our state's capital this morning in lieu of some classes at Shaker High. We gave our permission and as long as we didn't mention LIFE club in the excuse, the school can dismiss them. They will be gone from 10 a.m. until about 1:30 so they can attend their last period classes.
This is huge....I never expected my teen to want to attend this.
The youth pastor from one of our local Catholic churches is driving that church's van and bringing the LIFE club members. (Thank you, Mark and thank you to Youth for Christ for making LIFE club a reality at our public high school....thank you GOD!)
I have stressed to my daughter than not only is she "representing" Shaker High but she is an ambassador for Christ.
Please pray that the teens will see the importance of praying for our nation, our leaders, and our state politicians. And remember: There IS power in PRAYER!

1 comment:

e-Mom said...

Where would our country be without prayer??? Thanks for your interest in the National Day of Prayer.
:~D