................yet this week looked and felt more like early spring.............
and I have faves.......five of them......to share with other bloggers who link up with Susanne so head over here to join in! We find five of our favorite blessings from the week because it is good to give thanks!
|photo courtesy of coffee for less|
- NEW FLAVOR! I discovered a new-to-me flavor of coffee in k cup form. I use our Keurig in the late afternoons or early evenings when I want just one cup of coffee. My husband likes the decaf cups but I like trying different flavors and don't drink decaf due to the chemicals required to get it to be decaf. This brand and flavor was on sale this past week so I bought a box. And I love it!! It is bold with out being bitter. A definite fave that tasted great on these rainy, dreary afternoons.
- BAKING WITH MY OLDEST! My oldest wanted to make peanut butter balls before heading back to her dorm, so I told her to go ahead! My mom used to make these every Christmas for all the grandchildren (and before the grands, for my sisters and I and our husbands!). I only eat one a year as I'm not a huge fan of all the sugar or peanut butter in them.....they are much too rich for me....but Courtney made me a teeny one which I totally loved. She did all the mixing and shaping and I helped her dip them into the chocolate. A fave is spending time with this oldest girl of mine.....the moments are becoming fewer but the memories will live on.
- SAFE TRIP! Courtney left a day early to go back to her dorm because she wanted to stop at a guy friend's house out in central MA. She texted that she arrived there safely (I was just getting home from work) and then a couple hours later she texted that they were back on campus safe and sound. A fave of mine is hearing back from her that she drove safely and that the trip was uneventful. So hard to believe that she is in her last semester of her junior year of college!
- FIXED! I was having trouble with my low tire pressure light flashing and staying on when I would start my car in the last week. Checked the tire pressure and all was fine there. Finally called the dealer, got a quick after work appointment where they told me the sensor was bad behind one tire and it would cost over $200 to fix. And that there's no guarantee the other 3 tires wouldn't have the same issue. The service guy was so honest. He said if I could live with the light being on while driving it was no big deal and I would only have to pay for the labor at finding the problem. I told him that since this was the first car I ever bought that was a digital dashboard, I would be fine with the light staying on and would just check my tire pressure the old fashioned way...every couple of months. I certainly wasn't going to pay $225 for this little issue. So I paid the labor charge which wasn't bad, and got in the car. Funny thing: the light is now off!! I kept thinking on the way home "ok it's gonna start flashing and staying on now". Nope. So....I only paid for labor, was told the light would just be on when driving, but the light's been off ever since! I guess it's been supernaturally fixed!!
|photo courtesy of academy website|
- SALE! Last Saturday I decided I needed to get serious about ordering a new indoor bike for winter and early spring workouts. I showed my husband the research I'd been doing and he said to order it!! I ordered a Marcy foldable bike (like in the pic above) and the shipping was FREE!!! PLUS it was on sale!! It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow or Monday. What a big help this is going to be for me to get in better shape for climbing taller and steeper mountains in the summer. I have several mountains and some longer woods hikes on my agenda and I cannot be sedentary this winter. With the cold temperatures and busy work evenings, I just don't have time or desire to power walk outside and I don't want to waste money on joining a gym. I can drop Claire off at her ballet classes Mon-Wed and come home, do a 30 minute work out on the bike before having to go back out and pick her up. (And maybe Dave will start to volunteer to pick her up too some evenings). I can also use it on the weekends and won't even have to leave my house! A great sale is always a fave and it's something I will use a lot! I will still use my weights and some of the cardio workouts I downloaded for my iPad but this bike will really get me moving. The great thing about it, is that it's foldable...so I can work out in the basement but when Claire wants to use the Wii with her friends, it can fold up and keep that area clear! Keeping in shape is a fave with me as I want all the health benefits that go with working out. I don't need to lose weight but the toning will be great as well as the cardiovascular workout. I am really looking forward to starting this new routine.
That wraps up the blessings I found this week. It's going to be a quiet weekend around here. Courtney is back at college in Boston, Claire is going on a winter retreat in the Berkshires with the youth group from church, so Dave and I hope to get out to dinner tonite after we drop her off.
What are your plans for the weekend?
And do you have any faves/blessings from your past week?