Christmas is one week away!
And Winter is just a few days from now...........yet here in eastern NY, we are still having autumn like weather.....in fact, one day the temps got up to where we only needed a heavy sweater. It makes all those after work errands and chores so much easier to cope with.
Speaking of chores, I'm sure everyone is busy with holiday festivities and prep, so let's just take a few minutes to reflect on the past week and share FIVE of our FAVE blessings. Then, link up with Susanne or share a couple of your faves in the comment section.
|photo courtesy of the daily gazette|
- DRINKS AND DINNER: Last Friday evening, Claire had a 3 hour dress rehearsal so a friend of mine (Carla) and I dropped her off and went into downtown Saratoga to park and walk over to a fave Irish pub. We had a couple of drinks and a yummy dinner and then did some walking/browsing along Broadway. Oh how fun it was...Carla has just moved back to the area after being in the south for a few months so it was great to catch up on what's going on in our lives. I'm thankful for fun evenings like this, pausing in the midst of a busy season.
|set design for Nutcracker|
School of the Arts/National Museum of Dance
- NUTCRACKER: Claire had the 4 performances of Nutcracker (2nd Act dances only) last weekend. We went to the Saturday evening show and were very proud of her hard work. 2 months of weekly rehearsals really paid off. She was in the intro and Russian dance as well as the finale. We were not allowed to take photos or videos during the show but they did allow us, before the show began, to take photos of the set. This is the background. It was hard to get without people in it.................this background went around 3 walls.....it was stunning once the lights were off and the spotlights on the dancers. I'm thankful our ballerina had this opportunity to study under a former NYC Ballet dancer and to be in this production.
- MILD WEATHER! It has been freakishly warm for our part of the states. NY typically has either temps in the 20s and 30s throughout December with grey skies, freezing rain and/or sleet/snow. We have had NO white stuff on the ground yet and no real frost for over 3 weeks. The temps climbed to the high 50s/low 60s in our area in the last 2 weeks and I am very thankful for it! I can live without the bitter cold and snow.
- POWER WALKING: because of how mild and sunny the weather was on Monday, I decided that since no one had any evening activities and dinner could be around 6 pm when it's dark out, I would power walk right after work. I changed clothes, grabbed my sneakers, and went for a 1.34 miles walk. I even challenged my self to see if I could get a mile in during 15 minutes but I couldn't.... I did 18 minutes....but hey...that's 3 minutes faster than the last time I power walked. The work out for my legs and heart felt great and totally renewed my energy for the evening's chores. I'm thankful I could walk and enjoy nature this week.
- SECRET SANTA SMALL GROUP: We had our secret santa party at small group Tuesday evening. Everyone was able to come and participate in the discussion and then we enjoyed some snacks and gift giving. The person who had my name gave me a novel (The Prayer Box) with a prayer box that she created!! I plan on getting a photo of it as it is so cute and creative. She put Scriptures on it and one inside....it is truly a work of art. I plan on reading the book over Christmas break and plan on using the box for prayer needs and answers, for gratitudes, and for quotes or Scriptures that mean something to me. It was such a thoughtful and perfect gift! I'm thankful for this small group that I get to lead and I'm looking forward to what the Lord is going to do in the new year.
That wraps up my week...and now it's off to wrapping up some gifts to stick under the tree!
Enjoy this weekend before Christmas everyone!!