This was a long week. But.....we have a 3 day weekend ahead and I'm quite thankful about that!
I'm sharing just some simple blessings this week (hey...sometimes it's the simple things or things we take for granted!) as part of the FFF community.
Feel free to join in by linking up at Susanne's.
- TIME to read: Last Friday evening, I was battling major fatigue, sore throat and body aches. I got into lounge wear and just read all evening long. It felt great to have a large chunk of time to relax and read. And what an excellent novel. I highly recommend it if you are a reader. You can find my review here.
- TEA and TYLENOL: All last weekend, I was living on the above tea and popping tylenol. Until something made me realize this was not just the beginning of a head cold. I thought I was going to be told by the on call doc that I had an ear infection as most of the pain was in my right ear. Wrong. I had strep!! I have never had strep as an adult and only once as a child. I was shocked! Once I had the diagnoses, he sent me on my way with an Rx for antibiotics and I was so happy that it kicked in quickly. I'm still on it but was able to go back to work on Tuesday and feel a whole lot better heading into this weekend!
- TEXTING: I had a lot of fun with the messenger app on my iPad and iPhone this week. I like to use it instead of going through FB. My sister Hope and I sent messages back and forth all week and since I haven't seen her since earlier this school year (back in the fall), it was fun to catch up on what's going on in our lives. We prayed for each other this week too and that's always a plus. She lives about 80 minutes west of us so we don't get together all that much. I'm thankful for this type of technology!
- TRAVEL SAFETY: On Tuesday after work, snow started falling and blowing around. Only about an inch, if that, actually stuck, but my oldest, on coming home from work at 5 pm said there were 2 accidents on our main road leading into our neighborhood. So, since my youngest had just taken my car to her ballet classes (my car is the one above...a 2007 Nissan Sentra...think 'tiny"), of course I was a bit freaked out. At age 17 and only 4 months of having a license, there isn't a whole lot of winter driving experience accrued. But I prayed for her, and she texted me as soon as she pulled into the Arts Center parking lot that she arrived safely. By the time she got out of her 2nd class at 8 pm, it wasn't doing anything and was just cold. I'm thankful for my daughters' safety on the roads this week!
- THERMOS: Taking a hot thermos to work is so important to me. This year, my 15 minute break is at 8:30 in the morning. So at least I get to actually drink my coffee hot this year....having a good thermos helps with this! I'm thankful for any kind of travel mug or thermos, especially on these cold mornings!
That wraps it up for me.
I hope you enjoy the weekend....
..................I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes from the man we are honoring on Monday here in the USA.