This week flew by! Only one more work week and then I will be on Spring Break, as will my youngest daughter, Claire. I'm really looking forward to that. For now, join me in finding 5 of your fave blessings from the past week. We do this by linking up at Susanne's site to share our faves.
- MOTHER-DAUGHTER MOVIE NIGHT: Claire wanted some 1:1 time with me last Saturday evening and chose one of our fave DVD's. Les Miserables has always been my absolute favorite piece of classic literature, and I think the movie version as seen above is almost as good as the novel. We watch this at least once a year since it has played in the theaters. It's a fave with both of us and the snuggle time on the family room couch was extra special. Only a little over a year with this youngest daughter at home....time is flying by. I'm thankful she still enjoys our mother-daughter movie nights.
- FRESH COLOR AND CUT: This past week I was long overdue for a color...it had been 3 weeks overdue. First, I was ill, then my colorist was in the hospital so I finally got in to the new salon in town where I had my hair cut earlier in the school year. I told her to give me a bit darker brunette with a touch of purple and refresh my asymmetrical bob. She did and I love the results. I'm thankful for a good style and color!
|by the rapids of the Mohawk River on Peebles Island State Park|
|Dave on the Peebles Island Trail|
|The Mohawk River and Goat's Island|
|the forest on Peebles Island|
10 April 2016
- SUNDAY AFTERNOON HIKE! Dave and I decided to do one of the local hikes after church on Sunday. What a pretty afternoon hike that was! We went to Peebles Island State Park for some much needed sunshine and a brisk walk on the outer loop all around the perimeter of the island. It's only about 5 miles from our house so it makes for a nice afternoon.....and we had plenty of time before dinner to get stuff done around the house after the hike. I loved the fresh air, spring sunshine, and watching all the people enjoying the park that day.
- THIRTY ONE PARTY: I hosted a Thirty One bag party for my sister Jill who is a consultant for the company. I had invited 38 people and only 4 coworkers showed up! But it was a lot of fun. I served some lemon bread from a local bakery with mint chocolate chip shortbread cookies, several different flavored sparkling waters, hot blueberry coffee, wine, crackers/cheese platter, and a veggie and hummus platter. Everything went smoothly and I got about $300 worth of orders so qualified for some discounted items. I don't usually do these kinds of things but to help out my little sister was fun.
- SUNSHINE! Oh my goodness, after the grey, gloomy, rainy and very chilly days last week, this week has been so refreshing! We have had temps begin to climb in the high 50s and 60s again (like in Feb!) and the flowers are beginning to pop open here in eastern NY and the days have been sunny!! And the grass is getting so thick and green!! After work, when the sun is shining, it sure makes all the errands and housework, dinner prep and working out time seem easier. I even went for a nice power walk a couple of times in that early evening sun! Spring is definitely here in New York!
What were your faves this week?? Was it just something small or was there a big event you want to share? Please feel free to share in the comment section.....