Summer...I'm just loving it.
I love everything about it and even though the last couple of days here in eastern New York have been hot, hazy and humid with some rainy spells...we need the rain as most of July was very dry....and the humidity will break again as it always does...and high temps...well..that's what central air is for! But for the most part, this summer has been (in my opinion) perfect, weather-wise. We've had most days be ones where windows can be open, breezes, full sun and blue skies....perfect for all the things I enjoy but can't do in the winter months.
I'm sharing FIVE of my FAVE things from the past week and linking up at Susanne's with other bloggers who give thanks. I'm featuring photos this week of the things that blessed me.
- HIKING IN THE HIGH PEAKS REGION OF THE ADIRONDACKS ON A GORGEOUS BUT HOT AND SOMETIMES RAINY SATURDAY
with Kilburn Mt in background
Sentinel Range Wilderness Area
High Peaks Region of the Adirondacks
|Copperas Pond, the 2nd pond on the trail|
with Whiteface Mt in background
|Winch Pond, 1.9 miles in|
(along the Owens/Copperas Trail)
|Monument Falls on the Ausable River|
High Peaks Region/Adks
|Cheryl and I near Monument Falls|
|this pond is one of my very fave body of water in the High Peaks Region|
It is nestled under Rocky Peak Ridge
in the Giant Mountain Wilderness Region
of the ADKs
we stopped to change out of our hiking clothes and to wade
- SUNDAY EVENING DECK DRINKS WITH NEIGHBOR TO CATCH UP ON OUR LIVES
- GIRLS DAY OUT SHOPPING WITH YOUNGEST SISTER AND HER TWO DAUGHTERS AND MY YOUNGEST in this awesome tax-free place! (NYS has HIGH taxes so we drive to MA only an hour away)
|Claire (age 17) and her younger cousins ages 13 & 8|
in our front yard all ready to go back to school clothes shopping!
8 August 2016
- COOL 9 a.m. WALK ON TUESDAY MORNING IN ONE OF OUR TWO TOWN PARKS (the photos only depict about 1/4 of the park...I only did 2 trails)
|"The Ramble" trail|
through the one of the 2
|near the children's maze|
|the main pond on the main trail|
- LEISURELY MORNING COFFEE: yesterday would have been my mother's 82nd birthday so I honored her memory by having my morning coffee in one of her favorite bird mugs. She loved watching the birds from her little village home with the screened in back porch. I do miss sitting out there with her on visits, chatting and watching those birds. I was lazy all morning, working on some photo projects, reading, praying. I guess that isn't lazy but it sure is nice to not to have to be someplace.....like work! I will miss my leisurely mornings when school begins again.
Those were the highlights of the week.
Next week I will be absent from the FFF due to being on vacation where internet is extremely spotty!
I will be in an area of the Adirondack Mountains that is a bit remote...it's a very small village which doesn't even have a grocery store.... but one of my very fave vacation spots.
I hope you all will have a wonderful weekend and week ahead! Embrace every moment of summer...it's going by fast!