Did this week fly by for you? It sure did for me and my family! We cannot believe it's Friday already!
Let's take a pause in our day and find FIVE of our FAVE blessings. I link up with here with others who do the same thing. Check it out!!
|Mohawk River at Schoharie Crossing Park|
|Me with my friend Diane W|
- BRUNCH DATE: My friend Diane and I have been friends since our mothers became friends in the early 1960s. Diane is just 3 years older than I am. We've been friends our entire lives, but lost touch when I went off to college and grad school and she went south to live for a bit. Long story short: she is a divorced, single mom to 2 girls who are both on their own and in their late 30s and I'm married with 2 girls, yet we have a shared history. We have been through a LOT together with a shared tragedy that I won't get into here, but that made us stronger in Christ and it is because of that circumstance that we are bonded in spirit. We learn from each other, pray with and for each other and for each other's daughters, and we read and study the Word together. We also meet for fun brunch dates and we both like to take walks afterwards. We did both last Saturday. We always meet at a fave diner in a town about half-way between our 2 homes. She lives in central NY in the village where we grew up and I live in eastern NY. The brunch food was yummy and the brisk walk in very cold temps but glorious sunshine was just what our bodies and souls were craving. How I treasure this friendship and the times we spend together.
- MOVIE NIGHTS! One daughter was ill over the weekend and the rest of us just wanted to lie low. Because we had Monday off due to MLK, Jr Day, we decided to watch the next 2 Harry Potter movies. It was wonderful. The movies are fun and so much like the books. I just enjoyed this time as a family and I do love when we are all together on these cold winter nights.
- SAFE TRAVELS: Our oldest (Courtney) had to travel to a small town in western NH on Monday and had driven by herself across Vermont before and into that part of NH. Her boss sent her and a couple other employees to the town to help set up a new Michaels. She said it's been a great week and she'll be home for the weekend tonight, and then heading back there on Monday morning. It's a 2 week stint apparently. I'm very thankful she got there safely!
- FITNESS WALK: Monday being a holiday, I did some housework and reading in the morning and then met a friend and her husband at our local town park to do a fitness walk. The air was crisp and the sky was a beautiful blue with full sun so we warmed up quickly. We did all 3 miles of trails and it was just what I needed...time outside, chatting with 2 good friends and just enjoying how my body felt so good afterwards!!
- BIBLE STUDY CLASS: Wednesday night I began attending a Bible study class at church for women of all ages. What a book! Already I am hooked and we are only on Week 1. It's by Priscilla Shirer and it is all about when God brings interruptions into our lives...how we need to think of them as divine interventions or divine appointments. Oh my. This is gonna be a great class. There are probably about 55 women in this class so we are divided up into groups of 8-12. I love it. I love that I'm taking this year off from being a small group leader so that I can take classes. All classes at my church are free and you just have to buy the book which was only $10. I'm thankful I have this time to study.
That wraps up my week.
I hope you all enjoy the weekend and do some things that really relax you.