"Even when the rainbow seems to pass right by me....I'm still finding Gold in the clouds....."

19 January 2009

January 18

FOR TODAY

Outside my Window..Grey sky, 2 more inches of snow fell overnite

I am thinking...about what I want to accomplish this week

I am thankful for..my pastor taking his time to pull my husband and I aside to encourage us in something...He is a blessing to the body of believers!

From the kitchen...Freshly brewed coffee, blueberry pancakes, turkey sausage (choc. chip pancakes for Claire) and grapefruit. (we are home for the holiday)

I am creating...a list of Bible verses to go with the topic of tomorrow's Moms in Touch meeting

I am going...sledding in midafternoon with Claire and neighbor girl

I am wearing...blue plaid flannel bottoms, blue jammie top, blue fleece robe, barefeet
I am reading...see my sidebar; various Scriptures on the topic of Truth

I am hoping...that my teen is home from the Youth Retreat by 2 pm...she has homework to finish up for tomorrow!

I am hearing...not much....quiet here with the teen gone and the 10 year old in bed.

Around the house...one load of laundry, general tidying up from the weekend, menu to plan for our company next Sunday
One of my favorite things..lying in bed with my husband on a morning when we don't have to rush off to work/teach

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....HizKidz Praise! meeting tonite/rehearsal; ballet on Tues, Courtney to lab for her bloodwork, church friend/youth group leader coming over for Sunday dinner

A picture thought I'm sharing:

The upper Hudson River
in Winter
High Peaks Region, Adirondacks

If you want to participate in the Simple Woman Daybook, head over to Peggy's at Simple Woman blog.

PLEASE NOTE: I have had a couple of requests for this carrot recipe. You can find it here.
Enjoy the start of the work week, everyone!

4 comments:

Mrs. C said...

What a lovely picture thought! I emailed you about the book I'm reading. :)

writingcanvas said...

What an appropriate picture to share after the plane went into the Hudson River! And indeed it does sound like you have a VERY quiet house! I cannot imagine just one (I've 10 children - "only" three are out at the moment!)

Have a wonderful day!

Mrs.B said...

Fans running is not what you think, we heat with a gas wall heater and so we have fans stationed strategically around the house to move the "warmer" air. It has been below zero most of last week where we are. Today it hit the teens!!!!

Have a Blessed day
In HIS Keeping
~Mrs.B

Connie Marie said...

That is a beautiful picture.