"Even when the rainbow seems to pass right by me....I'm still finding Gold in the clouds....."

12 January 2009

Monday Musings January 12

FOR TODAY:

Outside my Window...grey, cloudy, (although sun is starting to peek through in the east) cold, the snow was pretty in last nights moonlight

I am thinking...on the Scriptures I read this a.m. in Obadiah

I am thankful for..Family Sick Days. My little one is home with a stomach virus and it is easier for me to call in sick with this part time teaching job than it is for my husband to call in.

From the kitchen...Chicken Stew, Fresh Organic Apples direct shipped from Washington, Pumpkin mini-muffins (chicken broth for Claire)

I am creating...a list of things to get at the grocery store

I am going...out to lunch with one of my BFF's this week!

I am wearing...my LLBean jammies, fleece slippers (it's still early!)

I am hoping..to see more sun this week

I am hearing... the furnace that just kicked on/the washer

Around the house...1 load of laundry, weekly menu to plan, general tidying up

One of my favorite things..hugs from my 2 daughters

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....last ortho appt for my 15 year old!, getting her off to the Youth for Christ retreat this upcoming weekend, a trip to the library, tickets to the Albany Symphony Orchestra with Dave and my youngest (a gift from him for xmas!)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Female Cardinal
on Icy branches
after Freezing Rain
in the
North-East Adirondacks






If you want to participate in the Simple Woman Daybook, simply head over to Peggy's at Simple Woman. Leave me a comment and I'll come visit you!

3 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Hope you have a great week! :)

Susanne said...

Love the pic of the cardinal. Your food sounds good, Faith. Do you use a specific recipe for chicken stew?

Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate said...

I must do this some Monday......
I hope your daughter is on the mend, and yes those family sick days are a blessing!!!
You sound so nice an cozy in those jammmies and slippers. :)