"Even when the rainbow seems to pass right by me....I'm still finding Gold in the clouds....."

16 February 2009

Daybook: February 16

FOR TODAY, 9 February 2009

Outside my Window..some grey clouds, a bit of sunrise coming, blue sky peeking thru, most snow has melted!

I am thinking...about our week off and the plans we have made

I am thankful for..a husband who loves to bring surprises!

From the kitchen...Blueberry Coffee, Toast, cereal, grapefruit

I am creating...an area in basement for my hubby's Youth Group supplies

I am going...to do some major organizing this week while on Winter Break

I am wearing... LLBean flannel pj bottoms and matching cotton top & fleece slippers; Victoria Secret cotton floral robe

I am reading...please see my sidebar; + The Body Book with Claire; portions of "When God Whispers Your Name" by Max Lucado

I am hoping...that my oldest gets the hang of doing her own laundry this week!

I am hearing...the furnace & furnace humidifier; hum of other computer as I download a picture

Around the house...general tidying up from weekend; recyclables to put out in bins; my hubby's cd's to organize (Courtney's job today); my 10 year old's bedroom to dust (Claire will help with this...her job is to organize her desk); brownies to bake

One of my favorite things..a steaming mug of blueberry coffee and my Bible

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....A day trip to Lake George to visit a sister and her 2 daughters (Claire is going with me to play American Girl dolls with her cousin); the HizKidz Dessert and movie party on Wed. evening; my teen is having a friend from school over for a movie nite/sleepover; and the 4 of us are taking a much needed "Day Away" on Saturday: touring the Clark Art Museum and Williams College in Williamstown, MA which is about 45 min east of us and is a very pleasant drive in good weather!

A picture thought I'm sharing:



My firstborn daughter: Courtney, at age 12
This was Winter 2006.
She was in 6th grade and has just had her braces put on that year.
(they came off in 1st semester, 8th grade!).
She was still taking riding lessons at this point
and loved this special gift from her friend Traci.
She named him "Spirit".
He still sits on her bed.

If you like the Simple Woman Daybook, join us over at Peggy's.

Do you have Winter Break this week?
If so, what are your plans with your children??

Do you like reading posts about "hospitality"? if you do, check out E-mom's latest over at Chrysalis...the link is on my sidebar. Scroll all the way down.

4 comments:

A happy heart at home said...

Thanks for commenting on my daybook. I enjoyed reading yours. I hope you have a wonderful week.

~Susan

e-Mom said...

Oh Wow, a whole week off for winter break. Sounds lovely.

Blueberry coffee? I've never heard of that before! Your flannel PJs sound so comfy/cozy!

Hey, thanks for the shout out viz. my hospitality post. :~D

Islandsparrow said...

I hope you have a great winter break - even without the snow.

Our kids don't get winter break - we have March break. A lot of people head south - the rest of us attend hockey tournaments :)

Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate said...

That blueberry coffee sounds sooooo good! Wish I could join you! Also wish I could join you for shopping in the Lake George region! LOve that area.....I still have a pair of black ski bibs I bought at those outlets close to 15 years ago. And PTL they still fit me. LOL!