How in the world is it the end of May already???!
Whew....this school year is almost done. As of June 22, I will be finished working for 10 blessed weeks and my baby will be a senior in high school!
For now, let's look back on the week and find FIVE FAVES to be thankful for. I'm linking up with other bloggers giving thanks over at Susanne's site.
- FLOWERS PLANTED! During the week, I had a free evening so I planted some flowers in my deck containers. They are so cheerful looking and although the deck needs to be re-painted, at least I have some colorful flowers for now. These are on the rail behind our deck table and I have 3 pots of flowers, one for each step that forms the corner of one side of the deck. Sadly, that photo didn't come out very well. But the pots contain more pansies and some light purple petunias. I love spring flowers that last through the summer months.
|a male duck swims by my kayak|
|paddling on Moreau Lake|
photo taken by my neighbor Melissa
|Melissa in Dave's kayak.|
- SUNDAY AFTERNOON KAYAKING: Oh my. What a relaxing late afternoon my neighbor/friend Melissa and I had on Sunday. After church, the sun came out and it was quite warm, so I decided to go for a paddle on the lake. Because it is only 35 minutes north of my home, I don't mind running up there late in the day. In fact, I prefer an early morning paddle or a late day paddle. My neighbor really wanted to go too so I told her she could use Dave's kayak as he didn't care about going. There were several people on the lake in kayaks or canoes. The beach won't open until Monday for swimming but several families were in the picnic area and I noticed the campground had quite a few campers. We saw a family of ducks, a heron flew over our heads landing on the beach right in front of us, and we saw a family of geese with 3 goslings. I'm so thankful I had that time in nature....I love God's creation!
- HUSBAND'S HELP! My husband texted me after work one day this week asking if I still needed potting soil and mulch. To which I replied a resounding YES! I was not into going back out after work as that particular day had been very hectic in the kindergarten so his thoughtfulness in buying these items for me make my faves! I'm thankful for my husband Dave.
|image courtesy of novu website|
- ICED COFFEE! Oh my goodness. We went from chilly spring weather last week to early summer weather this week even though the calendar says it is still spring! But I'm not complaining as I LOVE summer. After work, I was quite hot, though, and stopped a couple of different times for iced green tea or coffee. One of my faves this week has been the iced mocha latte with just skim milk from DD. Love this refreshing drink and I don't miss the sugar at all. Of course the mocha still has sugar but I never get the extra anymore. And I tell them just one pump of mocha for a medium drink. Yummy!!
- ENCOURAGING EMAIL: I made a decision this past week to step down in a leadership role I've been involved in at church. You can read about why here. I also, of course, had to email the small group pastor about this and received such an encouraging email back from him. I'm thankful for my church and the leadership there. They are the BEST!
That wraps up my week.
I hope you all enjoy the long Memorial Day weekend here in the States...make it a restful one with all your favorite things!