Wow! It is the end of July! Summer has been simply marvelous here in eastern New York State and I am loving, and thanking God, for every moment, every memory, every blessing He brings.
I'm joining with other people sharing their FIVE FAVE blessings from the past week...you can check out other blogs by clicking here.
- MORNING GLORIES! My morning glories, climbing up the trellis on the deck. finally bloomed this past week. My goodness, they are a little late this year! Not sure why. Maybe because of the slight drought we are experiencing? At any rate, they bring a smile to my face when I sit out here in the morning hours with my coffee and Bible before the sun gets too hot.
- BIKING! I was able to get in a couple of good bike rides this week in the early part of the morning and it was heavenly. I did a 5 mile ride when I snapped this picture.....it's about 2 miles from my house...I call it a little bit of country in suburbia. Just down this narrow road are big fields of corn and tractors and then a block later a beautiful new housing development. It's fun to see the different scenery as I ride my bike and it beats a boring old bike path. (although they have their benefits, too...as in no cars to worry about!!). I'm thankful I can ride my bike in the mornings as I know that will need to change come September and back to work!
- ORGANIZING/PURGING: My oldest daughter, after work one afternoon, volunteered to help me purge the cupboards in the kitchen and in our armoire in the dining room (pictured above). We got rid of a large box plus 3 bags of stuff!! Random mugs, cups, glasses, cake platters, cheap plastic dishes from when they were little and we ate dinners on the deck, old camping dishes, etc. Oh my goodness. Now you can see the fine bone English china teacups my mom passed down to each of us, and in the top 2 sections, we can finally see our wineglasses, etc. I love this minimalist look she helped create for me.
|photo courtesay of dancetab.com|
- NYCB (New York City Ballet)! Twice this past week, my youngest (the ballerina) and I drove up to SPAC (Saratoga Performing Arts Center in the Saratoga Spa State Park) to see the NYCB perform. The first night we went, we used her free lawn pass and saw 2 out of 3 classical pieces. They were lovely. The next evening, they were doing one of Claire's favorite ballets ("Jewels") so I surprised her with inside top center balcony tickets. The view of the stage is perfect. The price is quite high but once a year we splurge on good seats. For those of you unfamiliar with SPAC, click here to read about it. The highlight, in my opinion, in the Jewels ballet, is the piece titled "Diamonds". Sara Mearns, pictured above, is the principal ballerina for that one and she is exquisite. The white costumes are gorgeous too. (patrons of the NYCB are not allowed to take photos at SPAC so I had to hunt for a photo of her in Diamonds). I'm thankful I had two mother-daughter dates with my own ballerina to see one of the best ballet companies in the world!
|the view from my kayak about 9:30 a.m.|
Wednesday 27 July
- KAYAKING! Of course I went kayaking again this week....and I introduced a work colleague to the joys of the sport. She has a beach house on Cape Cod but had never kayaked!! She was so happy I invited her to tag along...I told her this is why we have them....to share with friends. I gave her a quick lesson and we were off...and she loved it and did a great job! (I neglected to get her permission to post her photo). There were hardly any other people on the lake that morning. By the time we left, around 11:30 a.m., the place was starting to get filled up with swimmers...it has been a very hot and humid week here in eastern NY but I love it when I'm on the water! The lake was like glass for most of the morning, too!
That wraps up my fave......What were some of your blessings this week??
embrace every moment, find pleasure in the little things...and enjoy your weekend!!