I truly can't believe we are already into mid-August!
I love Summer and am happy it lingers into mid-September even though at church, we are gearing up for our Autumn semester of groups, Bible studies, classes and large group ministries. We will be promoting our groups and ministries on Sept 6 and 13 and the ones I'm leading will begin Sept 21 and 22. But for now? I'm pausing to give thanks to God for the past week and the many blessings He has brought into my life.....I appreciate this community of believers who give thanks and share FIVE of our FAVE blessings each week. We do this by linking up at Susanne's site.....join in!
| Beginning of Stony Pond trail 1.8 miles to the pond |
| A nice bridge through a boggy area |
| our backcountry destination: Stony Pond it's so big...it's more like a lake.... it also goes off towards the right where the lean-to |
- SOULSTEPS HIKE: Last Saturday, I had scheduled a hike for my group and originally there were 4 of us signed up but 2 had last minute things happen so it ended up just being my friend Jill and I. Jill is also a member of my Tuesday book group. She's a lot of fun and a new Believer so sharing Scripture often happens on our hikes. We were the only people on the trail although a dad and his 2 young adult sons were staying in the lean-to for the weekend to hike and fish. But they stayed up at the lean-to the whole time we were down at the pond having lunch and meditating and enjoying the solitude. The pond is in the Vanderwhacker Wild Forest Area of the central Adirondacks. It was my 2nd time hiking in to this beautiful spot. I took off my boots and socks for a bit and cooled off my feet and even hiked over to the edge of the lean to area with barefeet. There's just something about barefeet and pine needles coating the ground. It was heavenly and I'm thankful we had a great hike. This was the 18th trail I've hiked/led my group this year and my 21st hike (I've hiked 3 solo hikes this spring and summer). I'm thankful I live so close to the Adirondack Mountains. This hike was just an hour and 35 min to get to.
| Jill and me total miles of hike: 3.6 so we had time to pop up to Schroon Lake for a swim and rest in the sun before driving back to our homes. |
- CHURCH WORSHIP: Sunday was amazing. Dave was in MA dealing with his mom so I went to the 9 AM service and sat with my pastor's wife. I was able to freely worship and felt like a load had been lifted. The music was very touching and we both just cried through some of one song because it was just so powerful to think of God and His mercy and grace. We had an awesome conversation afterwards and I was able to also conduct an interview with a young lady who is joining the hiking group! It was a pleasure to meet her and she had all the paperwork filled out and is eager to start. I'm thankful that we are in a wonderful church with supportive, encouraging friends.
- SALE! A couple of weeks ago, one of my fave online stores was having a good sale on clothing so I ordered a new skirt for autumn/spring/summer and a blouse and a cozy sweatshirt for winter. On Tuesday they arrived, and everything fit perfect. I'm so thankful for good quality clothing that's on sale. Here's what I bought (yes, I'm totally into the bohemian/casual look).
- SPECIAL EMAIL: I had a very touching email from our senior pastor. It totally made me get choked up, made me say "Thank You, God for Pastor RK" and showed me we have a trustworthy, safe senior pastor who is Biblically sound, wise and caring. I'm thankful I received this personal email.
- PERFECT TIMING TEXT: While I was on the road yesterday to my childhood hometown to check my parents' graves, have lunch with an old friend, and do some antique shopping, I was overcome with emotion after driving past an old haunt where I have some very bad memories...although the memories have faded...just seeing the spot really made me get choked up and I had to pull over on the side of the road. Just as I did, a text came through from my friend Joan and it was all about her devotional that morning and this song was featured. She sent me a you tube version (Click on video above) and it just made me weep with gratitude for our loving Heavenly Father. I honestly don't know how people get through life with out faith in Jesus/God. I'm so thankful this text came through at the perfect time.
That wraps up my week of things that made me smile and/or say "Thank You, God".
1 comment:
I love the colors in the skirt! It will be fun to wear:) I enjoyed your telling of the text from your friend that was so timely. <3
Post a Comment