12 September 2026

God Moments

 

Moreau Lake State Park
12 Sept

I was   at the lake by 11 AM after sleeping from 1 AM to 7:45 AM.  I had been at Worship in the Pines with 3 friends and we didn't get home until close to midnight. So when I woke up and saw it was going to be a glorious day for sunshine, sand and the lake, I decided to just toss on a bathing suit, grab my fiction book, beach bag and a sweatshirt/shorts and get up to where I knew there'd be hardly anyone on the beach.  It was only 68 F up there and breezy. On the beach, a young family with 2 little ones were leaving which left just me and another woman who was  sitting  further down the beach.  We had the entire beach to ourselves the 2.5 hours I was there, except for the occasional person walking on the edge of the lake and then leaving. There were quite a few kayaks and canoes on the water.  


It was so peaceful and the sun was amazing.  I like to continue my tan as long as I can, and today was the perfect day for it. I had an apple, my coffee and water.  After applying sunscreen, I prayed and thanked God for last evening and for the glorious weather He gave us these 2 days in a row and then prayed for my husband, who once again, is away this weekend..this time at a gaming convention in a nearby city.  I read 4-5 chapters in my book and then decided to ask God a question. 

The conversation went like this: 

me: God, why did I feel pity last night, when I ran into 3 of the people who were at that good-bye party 2 weeks ago?  They were blatantly staring me down while in line for our rental chairs. They were ahead of my group, God, and yet they felt compelled to turn around and just stare. Why did I only feel pity for them? 


And then I waited. Silence. 

Ok...so maybe God wasn't going to answer me this time. I got up to return my coffee carafe to the car and grab my water and use the bathroom. 

On the way back down the beach to my chair, I spied a very thin piece of totally stripped driftwood. Next to a heart shaped leaf in yellow, which is like the sun which reminds me of the Son. 


I picked them up. I love nature and seeing what God has created.  And what's with the driftwood this year at Moreau Lake?? 

I took a pic to show my oldest daughter who loves finding hearts in nature. 



And then I sensed His Spirit speaking to my heart:


"you felt pity because your memories are fading like I, your Father in Heaven, told you would happen. The leaf represents my love for you. I held your heart last night. Your memories, along with the rage, sadness, hurt, confusion, and betrayal, are fading like this tiny piece of driftwood which is stripped bare. I told you this was a process. I wanted you to see today that your pity is ok. It's replacing  all of those negative emotions you gave me on the mountain last week."  


And friends.....don't be fooled if you think you can't hear from God....sometimes He uses the simple things of nature to speak to us. 

I call those God moments. I thank Him for those. 







No comments: