"Even when the rainbow seems to pass right by me....I'm still finding Gold in the clouds....."

01 May 2016

Blessed Assurance

so this happened this morning.  Worship.

it about did me in.

many of the songs were powerful and new to me.

but that age old hymn..............how it moved me.........

laughing....

     weeping......

             praying..................

                              praising



trying to wrap my brain around tragedies that happen to good people, faithful people, friends, family.

my own story of pain and praise and mourning that turned to dancing and the embrace of the Father like no other.......


and realizing how easy it is to connect on a spiritual level to those around me who walk through the valley  until we get to that mountain top because faith and mercy and grace and the power of the One who brings Peace.

and how grateful I am for family and friends who embrace the Father, too, and know that the valley lows must be plodded through and in the climbing towards the mountain, we will know His Presence.....if we just don't give up.

and in that climbing through the darkness and loneliness and utter devastation of the soul we reach the peak and praise be to God....we see!

This is our story........our song........praising our Savior....

because blessed assurance, Jesus is ours!

filled with His goodness, lost in His Love.

This is our story....our song..........let's praise Him where we are.







4 comments:

Homemanager said...

Praise God! Worshiping together is amazing! The Lord meets us is a special way when we are all together. Thanks for sharing, Faith!

Melanie Lopata said...

One of my favorite hymns!

Susanne said...

Lovely post.

Jerralea said...

I love this song so much!

I like how you put we must plod through the lows ... sometimes that is what it feels like ... heavy, cumbersome, putting one foot in front of the other and trudging on, but never giving up ... but oh, how light we feel when we have that mountaintop experience with God, and how glad we "kept ploddin'"