25 September 2026

End of September Faves

 

It's the last Friday of September already and I'm here to share five of my fave blessings from the week. Head over to Susanne's site to learn more about being intentional in gratitude for what our weeks bring. 

FIVE FAVES 


in front: Tyler and Courtney (my oldest girl)
l-r in back: Ridwan and his wife Lisi, me, Meg
at Stewart Creek Falls and Flow
southern Adirondacks 



  • MEDITATIVE HIKE:  Last Saturday was my hiking group's last Summer semester hike. I chose an easy trail (just 1.5 miles to the falls, our destination) for us to do our completely silent hike. The goal was to get the members to either pray, reflect on a Scripture, or just enjoy the silence to hear the sounds of nature/enjoy God in His creation.  It was a hit!!  Once we got to the bridge wher the group pic was taken, we shared what we thought about or sensed God saying to us. It was a really special time. I got so much positive feedback from it and even Courtney and her boyfriend loved it. In fact, they led the hike and it was so special to me to see her doing this.  I'm thankful our Summer season wrapped up with a good number of people on the hike. 

Tyler and Courtney lead the way



Stewart Flow in the southern ADK


Stewart Creek Falls 






  • WORSHIP and the WORD:  Last Sunday was excellent worship at church. The songs were ones I really needed to hear and my friend Joan sat with me since Dave was working production.  I like sitting with a friend at church when Dave cannot join me. Our pastor gave his 2nd sermon in our new sermon series about God Sightings. It was about Abraham and Isaac and how Abraham fully trusted God even when he was told to sacrifice his son. We also learned that this was an example of Jehovah Jirah (God our provider) because God provided a ram in Isaac's place and spared Abraham  that pain of killing his son.  Of course the spiritual lesson is that Jesus died for us, was the sacrificial "lamb of God" so we can be spared and saved from our sins.  I'm so thankful for a good church where Truth is preached and the worship music is powerful.  

I'm teaching from this book on Psalms


Tuesday evening book group 

  • INTRO MEETINGS:  Every Monday for the next 14 weeks, I will be teaching a class based on the book Everlasting (about the 5 different kinds of Psalms: see side bar) and every Tuesday evening for the next 7 weeks, I will be facilitiating a book group discussion based on the study of Gideon (see sidebar).  My Monday morning group has 7 of us and the Tuesday evening group has 6 of us.  Many of the women have been in my groups in the past.  I had Intro meetings this past week and everyone shared why they wanted to do the study, along with a short testimony of how they came to Christ.  I'm thankful all went well and everyone is excited about getting together to learn in the coming weeks. 

on the summit of Rooster Comb Mt
l-r: Joan, me, Joy S
Giant Mt (my first mt climb at age 18, and a high peak) is in the background

  • FAVE MOUNTAIN HIKE: Wednesday was a perfect early Autumn weather day and absolutely my fave for hiking. I had planned for my friend Joan to join me on my all time favorite mountain in the high peaks region of the Adirondacks.  This mountain is 2 hours and 15 min north of my house and it's my fave climb for a mountain under 3000' high.  The elevation is 2788' with an elevation gain of 1770! The entire hike was 5.98 miles.  So...relentless going up but there's a ladder to help.  This was not a SoulSteps hike because I just wanted to go with one other person but Joan asked if our other church friend Joy could go so of course I said yes. Joy is training to do some hiking in Yosemite next month so she was happy I included her. It was a beautiful day with beautiful people and I'm so thankful on this, my 6th time hiking up, that I didn't have to get on all 4s to get up the last granite slab like I did 2 years ago.   I walked easily!  So thankful for that.  I felt very fit and accomplished.  Here are some of my fave scenes, pictured below, and here is a link to a devotional I wrote based on my time with God at the summit. 

on the summit of Rooster Comb Mt 
high peaks wilderness region, ADK
Wed 23 Sept. 

Check out this tree on this boulder. 

relaxing in my fave spot on Rooster Comb Summit
looking at the very first mountain I ever climbed:
Giant Mt #12th highest in NYS

Quiet time with God
Pic is compliments of Joan 



fave flavor
  • SURPRISE:  I must have bought these when they were on sale a while back  and stuck them in our dining room small cupboard because this week, when I went to that little cupboard to take out some battery operated tea candles, I discovered this bag in there!  I don't typically eat candy, but chocolate-maple is a fave of mine so I've indulged in 1-2 in the late afternoon as a treat.  I'm thankful I saw these! 

Those are my top fave blessings of the week. 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend doing the things you love. 





No comments: