It really is February!!
After today, Claire (our 16 year old) and I only have one more week of school/work until Winter Recess which is an entire week off!
For now, we are looking back over the week and finding FIVE of our FAVE things/events/blessings that God brought into it.
How about joining me by linking up your own FFF by heading over to Susanne's our ever gracious hostess?
- FIRST DATE! Claire had her first official first date (not counting group dates) with a guy from her honors chemistry class. I was a bit nervous about it because 1. she's the "baby" and 2. He isn't a boy from youth group so I really don't know him. My husband didn't know him either. But..they were meeting in a public place (a local frozen yogurt shop and then going for coffee right next door) so we were ok with it AND we told her we would be going in to meet him. We both really liked him and were impressed with his manners. This makes my fave list because this date was so important to her and the boy is so nice. Whew. Being a parent of a teen can be difficult and scary, huh?
- VALENTINE SALE! This past weekend I had to run an errand at our drugstore, and I saw a Valentine's display. This heart wreath was less than $5!! They were having quite a good sale! Since I'm going easy on decor now in my home, this was the only thing I purchased. I hung it up on the front door replacing the snowman sled I had had there ever since the Xmas wreath was taken down on New Year's day. I love decorating my home and it's always a fave with me when I hit a good sale!
- FIRST SNOW DAY!! The capital region of New York State got hit with our first major snowstorm of the winter. And it came overnight Sunday into all day Monday! We ended up with about 12 inches of snow in my town and of course all the local schools were cancelled. It was awesome having a snow day...even my husband stayed home and worked from his laptop for a little while. The fave part though was the fact that 2 different neighbors helped us out with plowing and snowblowing. What a huge blessing. Dave and I still had to do some snowblowing and shoveling ourselves, but it was much easier on Dave (who is still recovering from his Sept heart attack!) to know that these neighbors were there for us.
|SUNRISE OVER OUR BACKYARD|
- SUNRISE ON SNOW! On Tuesday, the day after the storm, the school district was delayed for just 2 hours because the buses were having trouble starting! So while I was having breakfast a little later than usual, I went to the deck door to snap the sun rising. It was just gorgeous. The snow was sparkling (you probably can't tell from my photo...I was only using my iPad). It was so quiet and pretty and I thank God I get to live where the 4 seasons show their beauty.
|image courtesy of pinterest|
- PRAYER SUPPORT: Yesterday morning I received some very horrible, devastating news. The 25 year old son of dear friends of mine from my undergrad days lost their son to suicide. Paul and I were good friends and he married one of my dorm mates (Kim) shortly after they graduated a year after I did. We all reconnected a few years ago via Facebook. Their son (the oldest of 3) had been depressed. The part that makes this all a "blessing" if you can use that word in such a grievous time is that the outpouring of prayer support has been incredible for them. I burst in to tears when I first heard the news and at the same time I imagined God looking down on us and weeping along with us. They both are born again believers and I know they will cling to Christ through this journey of grief that they must walk. What a blessing to be able to be united in Christ and lift each other up in times of sorrow.