HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my blogging friends!
Last week, we were away in Plymouth County, MA so I missed the FFF. I'm happy to be back here to share five of my fave blessings from the last couple of weeks. How about joining in and linking up with us at Susanne's site?
It is GOOD to give thanks to the Lord and find the blessings in this busy life.
- COLLEGE ACCEPTANCE! Claire received her first college acceptance letter in the mail on Xmas Eve! The University of New Hampshire/Durham has offered her a place in their Honors Program and the Presidential Scholarship. We were so happy for her! She was very excited. (she's still waiting to hear from another one). UNH has everything she wants: Russian and Sociology (Both are very good depts there) with a minor in International Affairs and a chance to continue ballet! We are thankful for this acceptance and give God all the glory.
- FAMILY VISIT: We visited my dad the day after Christmas and he was so happy to see all of us. We gave him his gifts and spent time talking with him. Sadly, he couldn't remember our names but he did know the girls were his granddaughters and that I was his daughter. He seemed to remember Dave. It was a good visit. Then a few days later, we traveled in the other direction to Plymouth County, MA where we did a quick overnight visit with Dave's folks to exchange gifts with them. It was a wonderful visit full of good food and a fun board game. Family is something I never want to take for granted. I'm so thankful we still have my dad and in-laws.
- GOOD BOOK! I just started the book pictured above. Oh my goodness what a treat. I was so surprised when Deb from this blog messaged me that she wanted to send it to me. She had read it and enjoyed it. I am loving it!! The topic of keeping a Sabbath...even if it is not on a Sunday, has always been important to me. God tells us we need REST! I'm savoring it and most likely will end up either keeping this book and letting friends borrow it, or I will "pay it forward" and give to a friend and then go and buy my own copy! Thanks again Deb for this awesome book!! I'm reading it during my evening quiet time which is something I am also thankful for....long winter evenings with time to read!
- K-CUPS: yes, this is just a small blessing. But I am thankful for them because it means I can come home, pop one in the Keurig for a late afternoon coffee on these colder winter days without having to deal with the coffee maker. We have all different kinds of flavors and my current fave is the Green Mountain French Vanilla. YUMMY!
- STRESS FREE DENTAL VISIT! Yesterday I had a dental appt after work because I had lost a small piece of enamel from my right front center tooth. No one else could tell it was missing but I was petrified that my tooth was structurally damaged and would need a crown. Hallelujah! My dentist (who knows I am "nervous nelly" when it comes to my teeth) said there is NO decay there, (never had to have a filling in that tooth) and NO damage to the actual tooth. He quickly bonded it, polished it and I'm good as new. Whew. SO thankful for dental insurance through my husband and a good family dentist!
That wraps up my FFF.
What were your faves from the week?
I hope you have a restful weekend from work......HAPPY WEEKEND!