28 September 2026

Monday Musings

Monday afternoon 5 pm


Outside our windows: It's been raining for 3 full days.  The result of the nor-easter that blew up the East Coast Saturday. I'm ok with the rain. It's allowing me to get some things done in the ministries I lead or serve in and to get things done around the house. 

Joan and me......I've known her just 2  years and I'm thankful for her

I'm thinking about: a wonderful phone call I had with my friend Joan and our prayer time at the end of the conversation. 

I'm thankful for:  my husband and that he is feeling better. He had a horrible upper respiratory illness  all last week. I'm thankful the cough medicine he chose to take helped him sleep at night. 

Veggie Za

Salad


In the kitchen: I made a white pizza with red, orange and green peppers, garlic, onion, broccoli, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, basil, oregano, olive oil;  a tossed salad with romaine, buttercrunch lettuces, tomato, cucumber, carrots, red peppers; lemonade. 

I am wearing:  Old, faded jeans; a blue polo shirt,my Apple smartwatch, my birthstone, thumb ring, wedding rings,  the silver earrings Dave bought me from MOMA in MA and light brown toe nail polish.  

I am creating: space in my guest room for my workout props (Fitness ball, weights, foam roller, neck massager). 

I am going:  Cape Cod on Sunday, after the 9 AM service with 2 of my small group friends (Maggie (who has never been to the cape!  and Jill). 

I am wondering: how my youngest daughter Claire feels.  She texted me on Sunday that she has a bad cold. I've been praying she'll feel well enough to work tomorrow, and then take her physics exam on Wednesday. 

I am reading:  a mystery book centered around one of my fave recurring characters,Dr. Kay Scarpetta.  I am also reading the 2 books for the two small groups I lead (see side bar).  I'm also reading through the book of Joel in the Old Testament. 

I am hoping: that the rain ends before the Cape Cod trip. 

I am looking forward to: my personal retreat beginning Wednesday and ending next Wednesday. I'm planning on spending 1-2 hours with just my Bible, journal, piano,  and God each day. I need this before the semester begins to get super busy with the small groups and the hiking group. 



I am learning: that not every wounded person needs me to come alongside them.....I'm learning to use wisdom in which people to support and which to let go of. 

Around the house: I did a load of laundry, taught the Psalms class this morning, went grocery shopping after class, organized my notes for tomorrow evening's Bible study, and talked on the phone for an hour with my friend Joan, ending it in prayer together. 

Plans for the rest of the week: finish the library book and return it; finish caping for Cape Cod; a gutter/roofing company is coming by this week to fix our loose gutter trim; begin my personal retreat, so answer all emails and  complete ministry related items before Wed morning; a trip to Ace Hardware for more bird seed for the feeders; date night with Dave on Saturday; a run to the thrift store with more old clothing and household items; church at 9 AM Sunday. 

A favorite quote for today: 

I'm thankful I have a core group of friends...sisters in Christ...
we do this for each other.........



What's your Monday been like?? 



1 comment:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Have a great week, Faith!