 |
Algonquin Lake 2019 southern ADK |
I'm participating in the Wednesday Hodgepodge meme while I wait for time to leave for a hike in the southern Adirondacks. To particpate in the HodgePodge, head over to Joyce's site.
1. What's something you wanted to do this summer that you never got around to doing?
I wanted to swim and kayak at Algonquin Lake, one of my fave southern Adirondack lakes. But....today, I will be hiking in that area, so maybe after the hike, we will pop in for a quick swim. After all, it's Summer until Sept 22nd!
2. Were you the student who sat in the front row or hid in the back of the class? If you could go back and take one high school class again just for fun, which would it be?
It depended on the class. in High School, I almost always chose the back unless it was Musical Theater, Music Theory, or Drama Literature. Then I sat in the front. Actually, for Drama Lit, there were just 4 of us so we sat in a circle around our drama teacher. In college, I tended to sit in the front for most classes.
If I could go back to high school (EW!) and repeat a class? It would be Musical Theatre.
3. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher (this can be applied to anyone who teaches, not just classroom teachers)?
Well, I am a retired Special Education PreK teacher (my area of expertise was abused and emotionally disturbed children)so this is easy for me to answer: flexibility, spontaneity, patience, organizational skills, creativity, compassion, honesty, integrity, and a good communicator (listening and verbal skills).
4. September 2nd is National Grits Day. Have you ever eaten grits? Are you a fan? If so how do you like yours? Would people describe you as 'having grit'?
nope. Never had them. I honestly don't think I've ever seen them on a menu here in NYS or MA.
Yes...I have a LOT of grit. According to almost everyone who knows me.
5. What's something you're never too old or too young to enjoy?
Reading good books or being outdoors in nature/God's creation.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
.jpeg) |
historic suspension bridge on the Northville-Placid Trail at Whitehouse/Wells Southern ADK |
I really hope it doesn't rain on our hike today. This historic suspension bridge is our destination, about 2.5 miles in from the trailhead and over the NPT. We will be about 12 miles in from the nearest village. It's supposed to be cloudy with thunderstorms moving in by late afternoon but we should be done by then.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY, EVERYONE!
2 comments:
I hope you got to go for the swim!
I love the sound of the Musical Theatre class, that was never a thing here in England!
I trust you were able to complete your hike and also get in a swim before the weather got too bad. I so admire you for dedicating your life to teaching these often forgotten and neglected children. What a difference you make in their little lives. May God continue to bless your every effort.
Post a Comment